There was some talk of opening parts of mobile me and making them free. Has anything come out of this?
    03-02-2011 04:39 PM
    There was some talk of opening parts of mobile me and making them free. Has anything come out of this?
    Nothing mentioned today that I've heard/read about.
    03-02-2011 05:56 PM
    I was hoping that they would make the announcement yesterday. My MobileMe account is up for renewal in the middle of this month.....
    03-03-2011 03:07 PM
    They'll probably unveil the new MobileMe at the iPhone 5 announcement
    03-04-2011 09:55 PM
    I was bummed they didn't talk about the iPhone 5 during the event.
    03-04-2011 11:40 PM
    A little off topic, sorry...I'm new to iPhone and I just signed up for a mMobileMe account. I have 5 iPhone lines on my AT&T account. Is there a family version of MobileMe or a way to add all of my lines to it so everyone has access? Thanks for any input.

chesterhound
    03-04-2011 11:54 PM
    A little off topic, sorry...I'm new to iPhone and I just signed up for a mMobileMe account. I have 5 iPhone lines on my AT&T account. Is there a family version of MobileMe or a way to add all of my lines to it so everyone has access? Thanks for any input.

chesterhound
    Yes there is, 5 accounts for the family pack. Go to Amazon to purchase it and save some serious $$$$.
    03-05-2011 12:38 AM
    Entertainment:

Thanks so much, I have the Individual plan on the free trial right now. I will definitely check Amazon out for the family upgrade.

chesterhound
    03-05-2011 07:35 AM
    I really like Mobile Me ... Wish iDisk was a bit more like dropbox however overall I am very happy. A free Mobile Me would be a nice addition, however I am sure it will be pretty limited and there will be away to add more data & features with your trusty credit card.
    03-05-2011 11:05 AM
    $100 a year is worth it to me for Calendar and contact sync. I rely on it and depend on it. iDisk has gotten better too.

I would rather them charge for it and keep improving it.
    03-06-2011 10:16 AM
    I've heard a few rumours about a new free version of mobile me but reckon it'll be announced with iOS 5 in the not too distant future! Looking forward to seeing what Apple comes up with this time!
    03-06-2011 02:24 PM
    I really don't know what to do. My trial expires today, but I don't want to pay for a year if they're going to make this free soon.

Right now I'm using MobileMe Mail as my main e-mail account, because of the push e-mail. I know I could set GMail as an exchange account, but it always bothered me that it only gave me the option to archive. To delete I'd have to manually move the e-mail into the trash folder. And if I set up my GMail account as GMail, I'd be able to delete, but I wouldn't have push e-mail anymore. =/

What to do...
    03-07-2011 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD