Hello again!

I am going to be picking up my Verizon iPhone on Friday and I either want to get a case right at Verizon or go pick one up at the Apple store, near my work, tomorrow at lunch.

Anyway, I was just wondering what everyone suggests as far as cases go? I was considering the Speck Geometric case (I'd post a link but I don't have enough posts yet - if you look at the apple store website, it's listed there). Has anyone used this? Is it silicone? I usually stick with hard plastic cases because the silicone gets stuck in my pocket.

On a different note, what does everyone recommend for the screen brightness? Should I leave it at 100% or should I drop it down?

I think I've covered all of my bases here.

Thanks for the help!
    03-02-2011 03:39 PM
    I have mine set at about 50% and to auto-adjust.

As far as cases, I bought the Speck Candyshell because I couldn't find many others that I liked. I want one that you can still see the apple logo through but that is very protective for drops. This seems to be a winner, at least for now.
    03-02-2011 04:07 PM
    The screen brightness isn't at 100% by default ( IIRC ). I have mine somewhere around 30%ish.

As per cases, I really like my "InCase Snap Smoke".
    03-02-2011 06:14 PM
    I like the Seidio Innocase and Holster. Good protection without being too bulky.
    03-02-2011 07:28 PM
    As for screen brightness, I have mine set at 30%. Found that this saves battery life while still maintaining a good brightness.
    03-02-2011 08:51 PM
    Put autobrightness on and leave the brightness at 50%
    03-07-2011 08:21 PM
    I had Speck tough case for years on my iPhone 3G. It was great. I got the Speck case from apple with the free case give away (AKA Antenna gate) which I believe is called the fitted case (Plaid), and it is also nice. With my line of work I need maximum protection, and because Speck was lagging behind on ideas/deliveries, I went with the Otterbox Defender series. It is awesome.

I keep my screen at 80% auto adjust. I get a full day + on battery with HEAVY usage...

03-07-2011 09:29 PM
    Are the cases with kick stands pretty good?
    03-07-2011 10:41 PM
    I like the CaseMate POP case. It has a smooth, polycarbonate shell with rubber grips on the side and the interior of the case is lined with silicone for shock absorption.
    03-07-2011 11:22 PM
    If your looking for a minimalistic case that keeps the feel/shape of your phone, go with the incase snap. I bought the smoke color and I couldn't be happier with it.

Snap Case for iPhone 4 : Products By Incase

As far as screen brightness, I have mine around 50% w/ auto-adjust and my battery life has been fine. (And thats from a former BB user)
    03-08-2011 12:35 AM
    On the other hand, if you're looking for rock-solid protection, go with Otterbox.
    03-08-2011 04:05 AM
    As the others have suggested, I have had my brightness level at around 30% with autobrightness on... and I've been rocking a bumper and ghost armor screen protector (front and back) since day one (06/24/10).
    03-08-2011 08:15 AM
    I have mine set at about 50% and to auto-adjust.
    This. I have found that having it at about 50% is ideal, and (at least for my area) allows comfortable usage both indoors and out.
    03-08-2011 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD