Switching between lines on Verizon

justme71

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
My wife picked up an iPhone a few weeks ago. I am impressed with it's camera video and display and would like to try it on my line for a week or so.
We have always switched our phones between our three family plan lines without any problems. Jump online and it's done in 5 or 10 minutes, no muss no fuss.
But... one of those, heard from a friend of a cousin of an uncle of a blah blah blah, that Verizon is not letting this happen. If done the new line gets a contract renewal of two years. Also rumors that monkeys might actually fly out of... well, nevermind.

Is it ok to treat the iPhone like every other phone we've had the last few years and swap it between our lines?
Thank you

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm going out to the Verizon store on Friday to pick up an iPhone. A friend of mine works there and, unbeknown to me, one of my lines is due for an upgrade. She told me I could use the upgrade and then the other line could use mine when it's due.

I'm assuming that it's just like any other phone!

soccerzach

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
you can swap it between the lines no problem. I ordered mine on a different line and switched it, the original upgrade date is still the same, the contract only applies for the line with which it was bought. From my experience though, the my verizon has been touch and go since i got the it.

jayhawkfan18

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I added a line to get the iPhone and right there in the store had them switch the iPhone over to my existing line/phone # and my current upgrade date stayed the same. So it should be just like any other phone

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice