What?!?!? No 4.3 for Verizon??

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
What about the iPad 2? They are different models. They still got the update, and doesn't the iPad 2 have the chip in the Verizon iPhone 4? I might be wrong, but I thought that was the case. Just saying, the argument that they are different doesn't pass the smell test since the iPad 2 on Verizon gets the 4.3 and 4.3.1 updates.

The processor is the same... not sure the radio is... sure they communicate with the VZW mobile network, but this is a data device, NOT a voice device. The voice options (Facetime, etc) require the wifi connection... the video/audio is transmitted over the data network and NOT the voice portion of the network.

Again, I don't work for Apple, AT&T or VZW, and I haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in quite a while... so I can't say for sure... but c'mon, people, it is what it is and will be here when (if) it gets here... all of the whining and whinging don't matter a hill of beans.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Haha I'm just messing with you. I'm sure AZ has nothing to do with your "weird saying."

:) It's all good...

It's the constant whinging about VZW not having v 4.3.x on their iPhones that get's me going ... it will be here when Apple says "here you are"... and nothing will change that... heck, you waited 4 years for the iPhone... so I guessed that having to wait a few more months for Air Play isn't a life-threatening situation for anyone... apparently, I was wrong. :)

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

It's the constant whinging about VZW not having v 4.3.x on their iPhones that get's me going ... it will be here when Apple says "here you are"... and nothing will change that... heck, you waited 4 years for the iPhone... so I guessed that having to wait a few more months for Air Play isn't a life-threatening situation for anyone... apparently, I was wrong. :)

I don't know why everyone wants 4.3.x! Have they seen all the threads where people have issues (mostly with battery life)?!

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

For me the point isn't about waiting a little longer. It's about the fragmentation that Steve Jobs himself talks down about when it comes to androids, well now iPhones are starting to get the same way. That's what I don't like. Nice definition link BTW.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
For me the point isn't about waiting a little longer. It's about the fragmentation that Steve Jobs himself talks down about when it comes to androids, well now iPhones are starting to get the same way. That's what I don't like.
OK, I'll call Steve, and he'll put a rush on it, Just for you... </sarcasm>

Good grief. It will be out when Apple wants it out. And no ongoing chorus of whinging is going to make it happen any faster. Would you rather they let out something buggy just to make you feel better, or wait until they're sure all is well?

Impatience is not a virtue.

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
OK, I'll call Steve, and he'll put a rush on it, Just for you... </sarcasm>

Good grief. It will be out when Apple wants it out. And no ongoing chorus of whinging is going to make it happen any faster. Would you rather they let out something buggy just to make you feel better, or wait until they're sure all is well?

No sh!t, did you not just read what i wrote. </no sarcasm>

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
You whined about "fragmentation" - it's not that big a deal. smh meh

Exactly I was talking about how I didn't like the fragmentation, so there was no reason for you to say I was being impatient and complaining about them taking forever with this:

I clearly said I don't care about waiting. I was just making the point that Jobs talked bad about it and now Apple has it as well, and that I hoped in the future they fix it. Which isn't whining by the way like you seem to think. It's simply pointing out a fact. Learn to read and comprehend what you just read before insinuating that someone is whining.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Learn to read and comprehend what you just read before insinuating that someone is whining.

Physician, heal thyself. You spoke against a "fragmentation" that in the grand scheme of things is a nano-particle worth of difference to everyone but you.

Get over it.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The testosterone is rising again.

Back on topic, please.

If you don't like what someone said, move on. If your opinion differs, simply state your opinion without commenting on someone else's thoughts.

Thanks.

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Physician, heal thyself. You spoke against a "fragmentation" that in the grand scheme of things is a nano-particle worth of difference to everyone but you.

Get over it.

You miss the point I made. It's not a big deal to me, I said I hope they fix it in the future. I'm obviously an iPhone user so it must not matter to me very much or I would have left by now. All I was doing was making the point about what jobs said compared with the current state of iOS.

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
If you don't like what someone said, move on. If your opinion differs, simply state your opinion without commenting on someone else's thoughts.

Kind of defeats the purpose of a forum doesn't it? After all a forum by definition is meant for public open discussion.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro