What?!?!? No 4.3 for Verizon??

cp9102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I honestly don't even know why this is even still being discussed. I think that it's been made quite obvious already that it's unknown when VZW will get a 4.3 update OR even if it will happen at all. Game, Set, Match....thread should be closed. You can only beat a dead horse for so long and i think this one is already plenty tenderized.

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
I know you're trying to be abundantly clear and all, but unless you are quoting an Apple employee who went on record, I don't believe you. It's ok too. I don't hate your mother or think Jews are evil or anything like that. I just don't believe you without reliable information to go on that's beyond conjecture :) you can believe what you believe, and I can have my beliefs. In the end, I know that someday my iPhone will get 4.3 and quite possibly some future revision that rocks too. In the meantime, I have the best phone available on VZW :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha. Good reply :). But still...VZW has ZERO input. I'm not sure how I can quote a conversation with Apple tech support but here goes, "No, Verizon does not dictate our update release schedule. Updates will work the exact same way as when you owned your AT&T iPhone, released when Apple makes them available to the public."

That's just a short summary from a conversation back in mid February when I couldn't setup my visual voicemail and VZW was ZERO help. You may or may not choose to believe me but I have no reason to lie and want you to feel at ease that VZW has not taken or iOS update hostage. We are in the "great" hands of Apple.

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
I honestly don't even know why this is even still being discussed. I think that it's been made quite obvious already that it's unknown when VZW will get a 4.3 update OR even if it will happen at all. Game, Set, Match....thread should be closed. You can only beat a dead horse for so long and i think this one is already plenty tenderized.

Don't knock beating a dead horse until you have tried it!! It's addictive!

ardoreal

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Haha. Good reply :). But still...VZW has ZERO input. I'm not sure how I can quote a conversation with Apple tech support but here goes, "No, Verizon does not dictate our update release schedule. Updates will work the exact same way as when you owned your AT&T iPhone, released when Apple makes them available to the public."

That's just a short summary from a conversation back in mid February when I couldn't setup my visual voicemail and VZW was ZERO help. You may or may not choose to believe me but I have no reason to lie and want you to feel at ease that VZW has not taken or iOS update hostage. We are in the "great" hands of Apple.

lol, I didn't accuse you of lying, I just didn't know that Apple was disclosing any info about that process. If a tech support is telling you that, I can go off of that. That's a whole lot different than people just presuming given the delay. I was just seeing the plausibility of VZW holding it up because of how much they have the Droid updates under their little "process". Heck, Motorola is still trying to get Gingerbread out for the Droid 2/X since December.

Tech support folks at Apple are also quite a bit different than most others from my experience. If there is something they aren't sure if they can comment about they usually have a pretty tight lip. If that one was willing to tell you that, it's quite likely accurate.

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Android software updates??? What's that?? Android doesn't update software, I swear they just release a new phone instead...LOL

munchkinsdad

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
C'mon people! Don't you know AT&T users are the Guinea Pigs? After they get all the bugs fixed...THEN it will be released to us in perfect heavenly iOS bliss!

ardoreal

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Android software updates??? What's that?? Android doesn't update software, I swear they just release a new phone instead...LOL

Pretty much. The only android phones that reliably get updates are the nexus phones. Occasionally the Droids.

What really sucks though is that the android version bumps deliver huge performance improvements, battery savings, major stuff that greatly enhance the phones.....but you get to wait until Motorola lifts their leg and pees over all of it and you end up with the Blur interface stacked ontop ruining much of the good Google tries to do.

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
pretty much. The only android phones that reliably get updates are the nexus phones. Occasionally the droids.

What really sucks though is that the android version bumps deliver huge performance improvements, battery savings, major stuff that greatly enhance the phones.....but you get to wait until motorola lifts their leg and pees over all of it and you end up with the blur interface stacked ontop ruining much of the good google tries to do.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

+10000000000

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I feel like if Verizon were behind the slow update, Apple would say something. I mean, I bet most users aren't aware that OS updates for smartphones go through the carrier first (with the exception of iOS, obviousy), so I feel most users will put the blame to Apple for the delay. If Apple weren't responsible for the blame, I feel they'd say SOMETHING about it... But then, they're usually more open about their delays and such, so I dunno.

crispjw

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Recommend this thread be made sticky, or perhaps filed under a more generic "latest VZW iphone OS" title. I'm sure there are a number of folks like myself who come here looking for what the latest OS is available. Seems like this kind of info should be at the top (instead of on page 2).

naeubanks

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Odds of a VoRA update causing the delay?

I hear that the thunderbolt that verizon is being released this week will be able to do Voice over revision A meaning it can do simultaneous voice/data over verizon's current 3G which is most likely why it took so long to be released. What are the odds that this capability is included in the iOS 4.3 update for the Verizon iPhone and they had to make sure all the kinks were worked out in the software and verizon was ready for it's use which is why they could release 4.3 to us last week.

(and before anyone says that simultaneous voice/data over EVDO A is impossible on the CDMA iPhone, it is possible with a software/baseband update and doesn't require hardware modifications, look it up)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
(and before anyone says that simultaneous voice/data over EVDO A is impossible on the CDMA iPhone, it is possible with a software/baseband update and doesn't require hardware modifications, look it up)

Phones have to be physically capable of it. According to everything I saw prior to the iPhone release for Verizon, the Verizon iPhone is not capable of it, and a software update would not be capable of making it possible. But it sure would be nice if all that was wrong...

ardoreal

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Phones have to be physically capable of it. According to everything I saw prior to the iPhone release for Verizon, the Verizon iPhone is not capable of it, and a software update would not be capable of making it possible. But it sure would be nice if all that was wrong...

It's funny too, I remember there being rumors about them doing vora on the ViPhone4.

anon(4712533)

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
No this is not correct. The ThunderBolt can do voice and data at the same time over LTE (4G) not 3G. You are some what correct about the software update (its a network update) its updating from Rev. A to Rev. B but because they now have LTE they will not update. Rumors were flying around a couple of years ago about VZW doing the network update but it's just not going to happen now with LTE.

naeubanks

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
No this is not correct. The ThunderBolt can do voice and data at the same time over LTE (4G) not 3G. You are some what correct about the software update (its a network update) its updating from Rev. A to Rev. B but because they now have LTE they will not update. Rumors were flying around a couple of years ago about VZW doing the network update but it's just not going to happen now with LTE.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong here, I said to go do some research before questioning me... lol (Voice Over Revision A does not require a hardware fix either, still uses the same basic protocol, just requires a network update which apparently verizon has done.)

HTC Thunderbolt has hidden simultaneous 3G voice and data | Electronista

HTC ThunderBolt bringing simultaneous voice and data to Verizon | AndGeeks

Verizon says HTC ThunderBolt has simultaneous voice and data

Twitter

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site

Incorrect. The Thunderbolt can do voice and data at the same time on 3G.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
What if the iPhone CAN do this with 4.3, and AT&T just wasted all of that money on their commercials banking on it NOT being able to do simultaneous voice/data...

HA

anon(4712533)

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Did some research and vzw did not update anything it's all in the thunderbolt software but if you research even more vzw said they don't know what the quality of it would be, the experience would more likely not be to there standers of service. In other words don't blame us for dropped call's and even slower data lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro