What?!?!? No 4.3 for Verizon??

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, it will come sooner than later. iOS 4.3 is live now and no download for my ViP4. Looking forward to the increased Safari speed and that's about it for now so I can wait it out.

Iphonefour

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
iOS 4.3 is currently up and available for download on the Apple web site.

Seems to have come out 2 days prior to the announced official date of release.

Can't wait to try the hotspot feature and the other goodies.

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site

I'm sorry but this post was in no way relevant to the topic....

I only wonder how much they have to work on since the 4.3 update will be available for the CDMA version of the iPad 2. There is very little left to add to the ViP4 since we have the hotspot already.

Reactions: iSRS

Iphonefour

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry but this post was in no way relevant to the topic....

I only wonder how much they have to work on since the 4.3 update will be available for the CDMA version of the iPad 2. There is very little left to add to the ViP4 since we have the hotspot already.

OK so since you have had it for about 30 days or less now, what are your thoughts on it?

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
OK so since you have had it for about 30 days or less now, what are your thoughts on it?

Still not sure how this relates to us VZW users not having 4.3?...lol

The only features VZW users have from 4.3 is the hotspot. 2GB for $20 is NOT worth it unless you have the spare change or refuse to jailbreak.

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

You are on the Verizon Iphone forum. Verizon has had the Hotspot since the 2/11 intro. Also 4.3 is not available to Verizon Suscribers yet. That is what this thread is about.

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

The hotspot is very easy to use. Make sure your data plan includes tethering though. Extra $20/monts I believe if you are with Verizon.

Iphonefour

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Still not sure how this relates to us VZW users not having 4.3?...lol

The only features VZW users have from 4.3 is the hotspot. 2GB for $20 is NOT worth it unless you have the spare change or refuse to jailbreak.

I thought they were either cracking down, or trying to crack down on jailbreaking and tethering.

At any rate, for those of you have used it, how much distance between devices is the maximum in order to use it?

In other words, how close does one have to be to the iphone in order to use the hotspot feature?

Iphonefour

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, after playing around with iOS 4.3 for a bit now, I can tell you, the hotspot is small potatoes.

The iTunes Home sharing, Nitro JavaScript in Safari and the Airplay enhancements alone, are flat out awesome.

Using my Apple TV, I'm playing music from my iphone through my home theatre's audio system, watching video right from the phone onto the TV, this is awesome.

Control Apple TV, right through the iPhone4, using the phone as a remote control with the Apple Remote app downloaded free from the App Store.

Can gain access to the entire Music Library in my Macbook Pro, as well as shared video, and photos, using the iPhone4 and can play them or see them on the iPhone. Using my iPhone4, I can access and play anything in iTunes on my Macbook Pro. Plus streaming audio from my favorite stations, and video.

This means you don't have to store as much music on the phone itself. You can access it using the phone, and play it through your phone, if you want or through your TV or powered speakers, or home theatre.

I hope you guys get this soon, because it definitely makes the iPhone4 an even more awesome device than it is already.

Here's to hoping that you guys get it ASAP, as in next week.

I cannot imagine Apple making you wait any longer than that. It would be criminal for them to make you wait much longer than that, because this update, is just that good.

Good luck. It's definitely worth whatever wait you guys end up enduring.

Last edited:

anon(4712533)

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Take for what it is.
I called apple support, I thought it was funny that when I asked the support person why CDMA wasn?t getting it they said "but you should be it was released today for both phones, let me transfer you to iphone support for this problem" then I talked with apple iphone support and was told the same thing and after the tech trying to walk me through the update process I was put on hold. When she came back I was told " sir 4.2.6 is the current version for CDMA and will NOT be updated to 4.3" I asked about all the new features and updates that come with 4.3 will we see them and I was told " features in the new 4.3 may come at a later date."

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Take for what it is.
I called apple support, I thought it was funny that when I asked the support person why CDMA wasn?t getting it they said "but you should be it was released today for both phones, let me transfer you to iphone support for this problem" then I talked with apple iphone support and was told the same thing and after the tech trying to walk me through the update process I was put on hold. When she came back I was told " sir 4.2.6 is the current version for CDMA and will NOT be updated to 4.3" I asked about all the new features and updates that come with 4.3 will we see them and I was told " features in the new 4.3 may come at a later date."

That is, in all honesty, ridiculous. We have the hotspot but none of the pterosaur features. If Apple was going to treat the CDMA version as inferior they should NOT have released it. I am very sure this is not the case. I personally only want the updated Nitro for Safari but could care less about the other features of 4.3. Still, not releasing an equal update could piss off quite a few people.

mi_canuck#IM

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
the vzw ip4 will eventually get the updates... maybe 4.3.6 or something like that... i wouldn't be worried or get worked up about it... prior to wednesday, we were all none the wise and loved our vzw ip4's... that hasn't changed for me...

it took 3 yrs+ to get a vzw iphone... we can wait a few weeks for an update ;)

Iphonefour

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If that's true, it stinks.

The only feature of iOS 4.3 they do give the verizon owners, the hotspot, is the one which will cost you money and jack up your bill if you use it.

They give you that part of iOS 4.3 which would benefit them if you use it. The "free" features which won't boost up your bill, they make you wait who knows how long for those.

Typical. And then should you use it, or have a need to use that particular feature ie end up in a place where there is no wifi, anyone tethered to it and having the Internet served up to them, using that VZW iphone as a hotspot, is interrupted if the phone needs to be used to place or receive a call because the phone won't handle voice and data at the same time unless a wifi source is available.

Well duh. If a wifi source were available, especially a free one, why use the phone as a hotspot?

The one feature of iOS 4.3 they are giving the VZW iPhone 4 customers is the one which would probably be the least practical and which would jack their bills up the most.

That sucks. And makes both Apple and Verizon look bad. Make them wait all this time for the darned thing, and when you do give it to them, don't give them the full featured one.

Charge them the same money that the other folks paid but short them on the features after making them wait.

Did you guys not pay the same money that the others did? Then you should get this updat at the same time as the others did.

I don't like verizon, but I have absolutely nothing against their customers and I hate to see this happen to them.

It also makes Apple look bad as well. But this isnt the first time they have launched a product and offered less than stellar support for it.

Last edited:

pogeypre

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
This is a much smaller fragmentation problem than Android. So long as they put everyone on equal footing with the iPhone 4GS,5 or RayGun, then there is nothing to worry about.

anon(4712533)

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
yes iOS 5 is coming oh wait if Apple holds to its schedule for a major release of iOS then we are waiting till June. So ask yourselves is 3 month to long of a wait? At this point I'm starting not to care, I'm so used to this crap from Motorola and the Droid X. At least my new iPad2 will have features I wanted on my phone like home share,faster Safari Performance, and AirPlay Enhancements.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro