What?!?!? No 4.3 for Verizon??

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
They didn't say "no 4.3 for CDMA". They just didn't say it would be out on 3/11. Wait a bit and see, I'm sure Verizon will get the 4.3 update as well.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Don't know what to tell you... VZW had the hotspot feature before AT&T... I expect iOS to play leapfrog with the two versions until iPhone 5 is out with a dual technology radio chip... until then, there are differences internally that could affect how/if certain functions are implemented.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Let's see here. Verizon doesn't get 4.3 like everyone else on the 11th (although they already have hotspot). They have slower data. They can't do voice/data at the same time via 3G. They suffer slightly less battery life (CDMA uses different power requirements and tuning, although nothing drastic). So much for that Verizon iPhone being awesome? I can't think of a reason since AT&T is very fast for me and very reliable.

Last edited:

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Let's see here. Verizon doesn't get 4.3 like everyone else on the 11th (although they already have hotspot). They have slower data. They can't do voice/data at the same time via 3G. They suffer slightly less battery life (CDMA uses different power requirements and tuning, although nothing drastic). So much for that Verizon iPhone being awesome? I can't think of a reason since AT&T is very fast for me and very reliable.

Reception... Its great that ATT works for you, but not everybody has good reception with them.

FrekeyZeeky

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
What the heck??? I'm feeling kind of jipped for choosing Verizon's iPhone over AT&T now.

who cares? I could honestly care less about photobooth and garage band or whatever else there is. Personal hotspot isn't of any interest to me and even if it were, I already have MiWi.

All 4.3 would do it cause me to wait for a jailbreak, rejailbreak, redo repos, reinstall apps, etc.

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure Apple will have a version out for Verizon very soon! It makes sense not to have the same version for AT&T and Verizon since they run off two different networks.

wrxnfx

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yup, agree that we will see the update just a matter of when. I have much more faith in Apple than in RIM or Google which is a huge reason I switched over from those platforms.

In regards to the reception comments, there is a difference and different locations have different coverage so as always it is best to research who has the best coverage where you spend most of your time. I can attest to the VZ coverage on Oahu in HI being much better than AT&T's. That doesn't mean that AT&T is bad just slightly less coverage and signal strength but it has no problems 95% of the time. To me, not really a big deal. I stick with VZ because of the better coverage, here, and what seems to be better customer service than when I was with AT&T.

Reactions: shipwrestler125

shimojunk

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
sorry since I'm an iPhone noob, I have to ask this question.: If I have a jailbroken phone, updating the OS to a newer version, will it delete my jailbreak and all the apps?

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

Well from a non-AT&T fanboy point of view I'm sure you'll think of a reason or 2. :)

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure Apple will have a version out for Verizon very soon! It makes sense not to have the same version for AT&T and Verizon since they run off two different networks.

Agree I mean the verizon iphone had a different software when it launched so I'm sure there will be a different version of 4.3 people just relax you will get it.

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

You forgot to mention the dropped calls with AT&T. When that happens it doesn't matter if you can surf faster or are multitasking you are dead in the water.

Reactions: iEther21

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
sorry since I'm an iPhone noob, I have to ask this question.: If I have a jailbroken phone, updating the OS to a newer version, will it delete my jailbreak and all the apps?

Yes. We jailbreakers will have to wait to update until the jailbreak software gets tweaked to accommodate the OS upgrade - update the OS, then use the new jailbreak tool and reinstall 3rd party apps.

ImStrapped

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Reception... Its great that ATT works for you, but not everybody has good reception with them.

YES to this.
Not everyone has good reception with AT&T
I think that the most important thing should be actually getting good reliable service.
Good that it works for you though!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh