Thoughts from an Android Fanboy.

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes indeed, both my Droids were rooted.

The OG Droid was a far more open phone than the DX, but i had no use for the physical keyboard. And that lovely 4.3" screen won my heart..:D

I loved playing with various roms and such.. I do miss that.. Le Sigh!:(

Didja jailbreak you iPhone yet?

cody

May 17, 2006
Visit site
For starters I am going to start by saying have owned 2 Android phones in my life (OG Droid, and HTC Incredible) and absolutely loved them. I got big into rooting and flashing ROMs. I always shunned the iPhone because after owning an iPod touch I just wasnt that impressed with it. However I have had an upgrade for quite some time, and I have another coming up so I decided it was time to use one, wanting something different I bought the iPhone.

After putting it through the ringer for the past few days I can honestly say it is a fantastic device. I was worried about losing swype, widgets and the notification bar. But I do not miss them at all. I jailbroke my device and put lockscreen on and its great. I also like the iPhone notification system how it just pops up on the device. Its not the best but its certainly manageable. I own a macbook so the seamless integration is also fantastic. Battery life is better, the screen is beautiful, and best of all everything just works. That was my biggest knock on Android is that because there were so many different OS versions out there (1.6, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.3.3, 2.4) I would get FCs alot. But not once with the iPhone.

Very happy with the switch, now if only I can have custom tones for different things (facebook, sms, e-mail) the phone would be almost perfect lol.

i used openssh and replaced all my notifications manually. didn't like tonefx plus openssh is free. you should learn how to use openssh anyhow so that you can do other things like replace that freaking pink bitesms icon with a different color.

how to use openssh to transfer files to iphone

link to change password in openssh. just for security. easy to do.

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
No....lol

(don't stone me) But i am actually contemplating giving it to my niece and going back to my DX:eek:

I am just not taking to it like i so so wanted to, (and my girlfriend did)

I think you should jailbreak it first..... just my 2 cents!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2