Thoughts from an Android Fanboy.

Heather_S

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
My current device is the Droid X. I love the screen size and how you can customize the device, but I hate how laggy it is at times. Also the Android market is filled with alot of worthless apps. My last complaint is there are to many Android devices out, so the updates you get are minor and it takes forever to get on your device.

Don't for a moment think that the app store for Apple isn't inundated with worthless apps as well. You can find ****e apps in both.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Don't for a moment think that the app store for Apple isn't inundated with worthless apps as well. You can find ****e apps in both.

Yes, but most of the best applications are iOS only. That's where the difference lies - you can get a ton of good apps through the App Store; not so much with the Marketplace.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site

Yes, but most of the best applications are iOS only. That's where the difference lies - you can get a ton of good apps through the App Store; not so much with the Marketplace.

not to mention all the good apps are usually at the top in the App Store (iOS).

the is a problem when you can type the name of an app, but in the search results, it's not always at the top. forgot which app i searched for and i guess since the rating on the one i was looking for was higher, it was ahead. that never happens in the App Store (iOS).

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I've got a question about contact sync. How would I do it coming from a Droid X to an iPhone? I used Google Sync to sync from my BB to Android, is there something like that to sync from my Droid to my iPhone?

Thanks.

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I've got a question about contact sync. How would I do it coming from a Droid X to an iPhone? I used Google Sync to sync from my BB to Android, is there something like that to sync from my Droid to my iPhone?

Thanks.

You can still sync you contacts via google :D

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
You can still sync you contacts via google :D

I may be a bit slow, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do that. I synced my calendar over, but I can't figure out the contacts. I even downloaded Google Mobile and still can't get it. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Heather_S

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

Every app i needed or found pertinent to my daily activities was in the android market. As they are in the app store. Sure there are more in the app store, but how many do you really need?

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I may be a bit slow, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do that. I synced my calendar over, but I can't figure out the contacts. I even downloaded Google Mobile and still can't get it. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Set up your Gmail account on the iPhone as an exchange account. Here is a screenshot of how it should be set up.

IMG_0400.png

Reactions: Wildo6882

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I'll try that out later. I had set up my Hotmail as an Exchange account, but I just set up my Gmail as a Gmail account. That seems so simple. Thanks again!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Every app i needed or found pertinent to my daily activities was in the android market. As they are in the app store. Sure there are more in the app store, but how many do you really need?

That's the question for every platform. Every single platform has useless, garbage
apps. I don't think there should be questions about which has more useless ones.
Doesn't really matter. I just feel more comfortable trying out apps on iOS than I
did on Android. I'm not that much of an app degenerate. But I like to try stuff out
here and there sometimes.

Heather_S

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
That's the question for every platform. Every single platform has useless, garbage
apps. I don't think there should be questions about which has more useless ones.
Doesn't really matter. I just feel more comfortable trying out apps on iOS than I
did on Android. I'm not that much of an app degenerate. But I like to try stuff out
here and there sometimes.

Me too, and on Android if after a awhile you decide you don't like it or its not what it claims, you get your money back. Used to be 24 hours, now it 15-30 mins, don't remember but it is a nice feature.

And this means something to me as i buy my apps, i hate ad's and i like to support the devs. So it's just nice is all.

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Me too, and on Android if after a awhile you decide you don't like it or its not what it claims, you get your money back. Used to be 24 hours, now it 15-30 mins, don't remember but it is a nice feature.

And this means something to me as i buy my apps, i hate ad's and i like to support the devs. So it's just nice is all.

You know I absolutely loved the 24 hour return period from Google and because of that I purchased a lot of apps. Than they changed it to 15 minutes and I just stopped purchasing apps that didn't have a free trial or free version first. I wish Apple had a similar feature.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

That's such a cool feature that you have 24 hours to get a refund on your apps, even though now it's only 15 minutes, that's still pretty cool. I also wish that Apple had the same policy.
4 MORE DAYS!

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
The app purchase return window definitely was nice before they changed it. But like Lynx said previously, it made me stop purchasing apps that didn't have a free or trial version. The 15 minute window is not enough to actually figure out what an app can do. Hopefully Apple institutes something like this in the near future. At least a few hours, something that's manageable.

Heather_S

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, it was a cheap shot reducing the time limit... And here's to hoping Apple implements some sort of return policy, even as mentioned a few hours, just enough time to properly put the app through its paces to see if it is indeed what they claim. (as they so often aren't)

H

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
That is why I like the MarketPlace with Windows Phone 7. You can actually trial the full version. This is better than the 1 day policy with Google (when it was 1 day) because sometimes I don't get to use the app enough within that day.

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, it was a cheap shot reducing the time limit... And here's to hoping Apple implements some sort of return policy, even as mentioned a few hours, just enough time to properly put the app through its paces to see if it is indeed what they claim. (as they so often aren't)

H

Hey just wondering if you ever rooted your phone and if you did what your thoughts on it are?

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I rooted my Droid and the only thing that i really did was overclock. I did try a couple different ROMs but used a stock ROM with an overclocked kernel.

On a different note, I like the way that on Android, you can set any song as a ringtone. The thing I didn't like was that the ringtones that i had still played when I shuffled songs. I would like to set a certain tone for SMS and I know I can do it, already JB, but with Android it was soo much easier.

Heather_S

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey just wondering if you ever rooted your phone and if you did what your thoughts on it are?

Yes indeed, both my Droids were rooted.

The OG Droid was a far more open phone than the DX, but i had no use for the physical keyboard. And that lovely 4.3" screen won my heart..:D

I loved playing with various roms and such.. I do miss that.. Le Sigh!:(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh