I am getting used to the (my opinion) ip4 short coming as opposed to my DX. And am working around them.. That being said it really sounds horrid saying "work around" i know. But i truly do miss my widgets terribly, as well as my swype and notifications. And the screen size is a big thing.. I know i can get something like my notifications IF i JB! But i really don't want to.. But if it get's to the point where i can no longer take it, i still have my DX

But i still enjoy a great many things on the ip4 tho.. But i have discovered it will NEVER fully replace my DX. So i bought a Xoom

Cheers

H
    I think (my opinion) you should jail break your phone, install LockInfo and a notifier app. Just to see if you like it, if you dont its really simple to just restore it by plugging it into iTunes. You can have the phone jailbroken, apps installed, and un-jailbroke and restored (if you dont like it) in about 15-20 minutes (depending on the amount of apps and music you have on). I only have a few hundred songs so it doesnt take me that long to restore.
    03-05-2011 04:32 PM
    I think (my opinion) you should jail break your phone, install LockInfo and a notifier app. Just to see if you like it, if you dont its really simple to just restore it by plugging it into iTunes. You can have the phone jailbroken, apps installed, and un-jailbroke and restored (if you dont like it) in about 15-20 minutes (depending on the amount of apps and music you have on). I only have a few hundred songs so it doesnt take me that long to restore.
    What's the chance for muddling up my phone with this procedure?
    And what is the cost?
    03-05-2011 04:47 PM
    Zero chance, zero cost
    03-05-2011 04:55 PM
    Zero chance, zero cost
    ^ This just download the greenpoison program and boom. Jailbreaking takes about 2 mins.
    03-05-2011 05:15 PM
    It's easy Heather S.

Download the tool, follow the exact instructions on screen (takes like 20 seconds from start to finish for your interactive part). Just make sure you have iTunes installed on the computer that you are jailbreaking from, but you do NOT want iTunes open. If it does open, just close it before starting the jailbreak.

5 minutes of automated installation after that, and poof, all the customization you could ever want.

It's not exactly free though, the jailbreak is, many of the apps are, but some of the best apps cost a couple bucks (well worth it), but they attach to your Cydia account so you can install them even after a restore and such.
    03-05-2011 10:00 PM
    Dont you guys get mixed up with the fuctions when switching between devices. Kind of reminds me of years gone by when you were either a nokia or an erricson user.
    i find myself swyping on my iPhone keypad and vice versa, tapping on my Atrix that has the Swype keyboard.
    03-06-2011 12:28 AM
    I am sure you will love it. It is perfect in it's simplicity to use that is for certain.
    it's a million times easier than rooting and roming your android device.
    03-06-2011 12:42 AM
    it's a million times easier than rooting and roming your android device.
    And thats saying something, because on my DX it literally involves using an app to root. So It had better be pretty bloody easy..lol
    03-06-2011 04:13 PM
    My current device is the Droid X. I love the screen size and how you can customize the device, but I hate how laggy it is at times. Also the Android market is filled with alot of worthless apps. My last complaint is there are to many Android devices out, so the updates you get are minor and it takes forever to get on your device.
    03-06-2011 08:17 PM
    And thats saying something, because on my DX it literally involves using an app to root. So It had better be pretty bloody easy..lol
    I think he was talking about rooting before there were apps like that. The older ways were a little more in detailed lol.
    03-06-2011 08:30 PM
    I think he was talking about rooting before there were apps like that. The older ways were a little more in detailed lol.
    I'm sure he was. I rooted my OG Droid. It was far more involved indeed.

H
    03-06-2011 08:48 PM
    My current device is the Droid X. I love the screen size and how you can customize the device, but I hate how laggy it is at times. Also the Android market is filled with alot of worthless apps. My last complaint is there are to many Android devices out, so the updates you get are minor and it takes forever to get on your device.
    Don't for a moment think that the app store for Apple isn't inundated with worthless apps as well. You can find ****e apps in both.
    03-06-2011 08:51 PM
    Don't for a moment think that the app store for Apple isn't inundated with worthless apps as well. You can find ****e apps in both.
    Yes, but most of the best applications are iOS only. That's where the difference lies - you can get a ton of good apps through the App Store; not so much with the Marketplace.
    03-07-2011 01:48 AM
    Yes, but most of the best applications are iOS only. That's where the difference lies - you can get a ton of good apps through the App Store; not so much with the Marketplace.
    not to mention all the good apps are usually at the top in the App Store (iOS).

the is a problem when you can type the name of an app, but in the search results, it's not always at the top. forgot which app i searched for and i guess since the rating on the one i was looking for was higher, it was ahead. that never happens in the App Store (iOS).
    03-07-2011 03:47 AM
    I've got a question about contact sync. How would I do it coming from a Droid X to an iPhone? I used Google Sync to sync from my BB to Android, is there something like that to sync from my Droid to my iPhone?

Thanks.
    03-07-2011 11:02 AM
    I've got a question about contact sync. How would I do it coming from a Droid X to an iPhone? I used Google Sync to sync from my BB to Android, is there something like that to sync from my Droid to my iPhone?

Thanks.
    You can still sync you contacts via google
    03-07-2011 11:25 AM
    You can still sync you contacts via google
    I may be a bit slow, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do that. I synced my calendar over, but I can't figure out the contacts. I even downloaded Google Mobile and still can't get it. Any insight is greatly appreciated.
    03-07-2011 12:54 PM
    Every app i needed or found pertinent to my daily activities was in the android market. As they are in the app store. Sure there are more in the app store, but how many do you really need?
    03-07-2011 01:30 PM
    I may be a bit slow, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do that. I synced my calendar over, but I can't figure out the contacts. I even downloaded Google Mobile and still can't get it. Any insight is greatly appreciated.
    Set up your Gmail account on the iPhone as an exchange account. Here is a screenshot of how it should be set up.

Wildo6882 likes this.
    03-07-2011 01:41 PM
    Thanks, I'll try that out later. I had set up my Hotmail as an Exchange account, but I just set up my Gmail as a Gmail account. That seems so simple. Thanks again!
    03-07-2011 02:03 PM
    Every app i needed or found pertinent to my daily activities was in the android market. As they are in the app store. Sure there are more in the app store, but how many do you really need?
    That's the question for every platform. Every single platform has useless, garbage
    apps. I don't think there should be questions about which has more useless ones.
    Doesn't really matter. I just feel more comfortable trying out apps on iOS than I
    did on Android. I'm not that much of an app degenerate. But I like to try stuff out
    here and there sometimes.
    03-07-2011 02:24 PM
    That's the question for every platform. Every single platform has useless, garbage
    apps. I don't think there should be questions about which has more useless ones.
    Doesn't really matter. I just feel more comfortable trying out apps on iOS than I
    did on Android. I'm not that much of an app degenerate. But I like to try stuff out
    here and there sometimes.
    Me too, and on Android if after a awhile you decide you don't like it or its not what it claims, you get your money back. Used to be 24 hours, now it 15-30 mins, don't remember but it is a nice feature.

And this means something to me as i buy my apps, i hate ad's and i like to support the devs. So it's just nice is all.
    03-07-2011 09:53 PM
    Me too, and on Android if after a awhile you decide you don't like it or its not what it claims, you get your money back. Used to be 24 hours, now it 15-30 mins, don't remember but it is a nice feature.

And this means something to me as i buy my apps, i hate ad's and i like to support the devs. So it's just nice is all.
    You know I absolutely loved the 24 hour return period from Google and because of that I purchased a lot of apps. Than they changed it to 15 minutes and I just stopped purchasing apps that didn't have a free trial or free version first. I wish Apple had a similar feature.
    03-08-2011 11:42 AM

That's such a cool feature that you have 24 hours to get a refund on your apps, even though now it's only 15 minutes, that's still pretty cool. I also wish that Apple had the same policy.
    4 MORE DAYS!
    03-08-2011 12:34 PM
    The app purchase return window definitely was nice before they changed it. But like Lynx said previously, it made me stop purchasing apps that didn't have a free or trial version. The 15 minute window is not enough to actually figure out what an app can do. Hopefully Apple institutes something like this in the near future. At least a few hours, something that's manageable.
    03-08-2011 03:29 PM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD