Cant wait! I wonder if they will be putting out a GM seed first or go straight to the official on the 11th. hmmm...
    03-02-2011 01:49 PM
    either way, i'll wait for the official... 9 days. lol.
    03-02-2011 02:01 PM
    either way, i'll wait for the official... 9 days. lol.
    I always load the GM's since they are the same as the official. Except for last time with 4.2. We had 2 GM's
    03-02-2011 02:06 PM
    Anyone know why CDMA is not supported? Personal Hotspot is not the only new thing to iOS 4.3

Wouldn't it make sense to unify the line?
    03-02-2011 02:19 PM
    From the TiPb article calling out no CDMA, my thoughts/concerns
    The only New 4.3 Feature already in 4.2.6 (current VZW blend) is the hotspot.
    New in 4.3:
    • Dramatic improvements to Safari and Nitro JavaScript engine. 2x as fast as before.
    • iTunes Home Sharing so you can stream from your Mac or Windows PC right to your iPad.
    • AirPlay is improved to allow all apps and websites to support video as well as audio.
    • Photobooth, the popular Mac app, is coming to iOS

Home Sharing and AirPlay are important to me. Assuming MLB@Bat 2011 supports video out, that will be huge for me. So not having it will be a bit of a bummer.
    03-02-2011 02:28 PM
    ... and NO jailbreak for 4.3 yet... gonna have to wait... no compelling reason to upgrade my phone at this point... I'll go 4.3 on my iPod Touch and iPad though
    03-02-2011 02:55 PM
    ... and NO jailbreak for 4.3 yet... gonna have to wait... no compelling reason to upgrade my phone at this point... I'll go 4.3 on my iPod Touch and iPad though
    My iPhones never run 100% right while JB so that doesnt even matter to me. I even tried greenpois0n for 3 days and had bugs. Im jumping to 4.3
    03-02-2011 03:01 PM
    My iPhones never run 100% right while JB so that doesnt even matter to me. I even tried greenpois0n for 3 days and had bugs. Im jumping to 4.3
    exact reason why i never jailbreak.
    03-02-2011 03:16 PM
    Anyone know why CDMA is not supported? Personal Hotspot is not the only new thing to iOS 4.3

Wouldn't it make sense to unify the line?
    Probably because of the differences between GSM and CDMA. They probably have decided to deal with one release (and its problems) at a time. CDMA version should be along fairly quickly.

Not so sure that unification is possible until they activate the joint Qualcomm GSM/CDMA chip that is used in the Verizon iPhone 4 for CDMA only.
    03-02-2011 04:21 PM
    Probably because of the differences between GSM and CDMA. They probably have decided to deal with one release (and its problems) at a time. CDMA version should be along fairly quickly.

Not so sure that unification is possible until they activate the joint Qualcomm GSM/CDMA chip that is used in the Verizon iPhone 4 for CDMA only.
    If that is the case, then Verizon iPhone 4 customers would always be separate. Interesting thought, but why no mention what so ever?
    03-02-2011 04:50 PM
    As an iPhone 3G holdout, I take exception to your subject line. The iPhone 3G *IS* an iOS device, but it is not supported by 4.3.
    03-02-2011 05:05 PM
    I think they decided to release it to AT&T phones first because Verizon customers haven't even had their iPhones for a full month, so they figure let AT&T have the update first and i'm sure they'll have a CDMA update (Verizon) soon enough. . . Im sure this isn't the ONLY reason, however i'm sure it played a role in it.
    03-02-2011 05:39 PM
    Does anyone know for SURE that 4.3 will fix the bluetooth audio controls in cars as i read on the beta forums???? 4.1 and 4.2 broke that ability so you cant see or control the iphone via car bluetooth in ANY 2010/2011 models
    03-02-2011 05:48 PM
    As a Verizon user, I'm not all that worried about 4.3 not coming at the same time as
    the GSM phones will get it. It'll come soon after. No big deal. I'm sure this will be the norm.
    03-02-2011 06:33 PM
    As a Verizon user, I'm not all that worried about 4.3 not coming at the same time as
    the GSM phones will get it. It'll come soon after. No big deal. I'm sure this will be the norm.
    I totally agree, i waited long enough to get the actual iPhone that i dont care if i have to wait for the update.
    03-02-2011 06:40 PM
    AT&T will always be Apple's golden child.
    03-02-2011 07:31 PM
    The thing is, this is something that Apple has said was a disadvantage of Android. Fragmentation. Now, if it was just personal hotspot? Ok. But apps will begin to update to iOS 4.3 capability, and we on Verizon will not get the advantages. iTunes home sharing? Again, not for Verizon users. Those two are my biggest beefs. The speed improvements in safari are good, too. I just think that some official word should go out, since they clearly called it out. I am sure the google alert I get tonight for Verizon iPhone will have a few sites with a dig or two about fragmentation.
    03-02-2011 08:03 PM
    The thing is, this is something that Apple has said was a disadvantage of Android. Fragmentation. Now, if it was just personal hotspot? Ok. But apps will begin to update to iOS 4.3 capability, and we on Verizon will not get the advantages. iTunes home sharing? Again, not for Verizon users. Those two are my biggest beefs. The speed improvements in safari are good, too. I just think that some official word should go out, since they clearly called it out. I am sure the google alert I get tonight for Verizon iPhone will have a few sites with a dig or two about fragmentation.
    The only problem is that you're kind of making it sound like the CDMA version
    will get the update in 3 months. I'd bet my money that it would be released soon
    after the 11th. But we'll see how this goes.
    03-02-2011 08:29 PM
    The only problem is that you're kind of making it sound like the CDMA version
    will get the update in 3 months. I'd bet my money that it would be released soon
    after the 11th. But we'll see how this goes.
    You illustrate my point. We don't know when. Is it the end of the world? No. Just would be nice to acknowledge tray it isn't ready and a timeline.
    03-02-2011 08:43 PM
    If that is the case, then Verizon iPhone 4 customers would always be separate. Interesting thought, but why no mention what so ever?
    Just a thought on my part. Can't think of any other reason why one release won't work on both. There has to be some basic difference (I'm guessing hardware) that keeps the OS from running on either phone. Techically, iOS is OS X (or at least it used to be.) Again, it's only a guess on my part as to the Qualcomm chip, but why use that chip if they weren't planning on a single product at some point.

Just my 2 cents worth.
    03-02-2011 09:13 PM
    technically, it isn't really fragmentation. it's 2 variants, for now. android has so many current devices coming out with old OSes, new OSes and hybrid OSes (due to the manufacturers adding things like Blue or Sense UI).
    03-02-2011 09:21 PM
    technically, it isn't really fragmentation. it's 2 variants, for now. android has so many current devices coming out with old OSes, new OSes and hybrid OSes (due to the manufacturers adding things like Blue or Sense UI).
    I get your point, and it is like with the first iPad. But if I have to wait until iOS 5, this summer (assumption) and apps like MLB@Bat support the video out at the beginning of the season? I'll be at a disadvantage. Again, not the end of the world, but a cause for disappointment.

That said, seems like there are some blogs with a bit more detail saying that it is coming soon, but it isn't clear if this is per Apple or speculation. My guess is it would be iOS 4.3.1
    03-02-2011 11:01 PM
    Probably because of the differences between GSM and CDMA.
    I doubt this is the reason as there are now two version of the iPad as well. One for AT&T and one for Verizon, and they are both getting 4.3. If it works on a CDMA iPad then why not a CDMA iPhone.

Of course I may be wrong seeing as how we don't know what radio chips are in the new iPads yet.
    03-02-2011 11:28 PM
    No multitouch gesture on iOS 4.3 GM for iPhone 4? Installed a few minutes ago and can't find any option to turn it on. Any ideas?

PS: I'm not a developer.
    03-03-2011 07:37 PM
    No multitouch gesture on iOS 4.3 GM for iPhone 4? Installed a few minutes ago and can't find any option to turn it on. Any ideas?

PS: I'm not a developer.
    You have to turn it on in xCode. Which you can't do since you not a dev and probably don't have access to Xcode

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    03-03-2011 08:43 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD