I have several events in my Google Calendar, which is set up to "sync" like Exchange since it's set up as an exchange account. Shouldn't there be some kind of alert when an event is starting, or prior to?
    03-01-2011 03:26 PM
    There will only be an alarm if you set an alarm, either on the event, or so that each new even gets a default alarm.
    03-01-2011 03:33 PM
    How do I set up the default alarm? Is that through Google or through the Calendar App on the phone?

eta: I googled "google calendar default alarms" in various ways and all of them come back to turning OFF not on.
    Last edited by ame; 03-01-2011 at 03:57 PM.
    03-01-2011 03:45 PM
    How do I set up the default alarm? Is that through Google or through the Calendar App on the phone?

eta: I googled "google calendar default alarms" in various ways and all of them come back to turning OFF not on.
    I know that you can turn the alerts on in the Calender App on the phone.
    I'm not sure about going directly through google, but the Calender app certainly will be able to alert you.
    03-01-2011 07:34 PM
    You can set a default alert on Google as well.
    03-01-2011 11:26 PM
    I have alarms on some events which I set up in Google Calendar. That calendar sycs via Exchange with my iPhone. The events with notifications set to "pop-up" in Google Calendar correctly pop up a notification on my iPhone.

Information on how to set your default notification preferences in Google Calendar is here:

Change your Google Calendar settings - Google Calendar Help
    03-02-2011 08:49 AM
    I don't ever get Google Calendar popups....the only alert/notification option I see in Google Calendars is to send me texts and emails and popups but the popups don't show up anywhere.
    03-02-2011 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD