Question: why is "usage" and "standby" time is the same

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
In settings > general > usage; I noticed that a few times now, the times for "usage and standby" are identical. Anyone else have this? ...... And "no", I have not "used" my iPhone for "13 hours 45 minutes" like the usage/ standby counter reads....

(excuse my grammar "typo" in thread title....couldn't figure out how to correct it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allaboutpunky

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Actually yes! I did this morning. I thought it was strange but then I realized that I did not actually exit a game I was playing (plants vs zombies... way addicting) and it was still as if I was using it cause it was paused. Once I exited, it started calculating as standby instead of usage.

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Actually yes! I did this morning. I thought it was strange but then I realized that I did not actually exit a game I was playing (plants vs zombies... way addicting) and it was still as if I was using it cause it was paused. Once I exited, it started calculating as standby instead of usage.

Maybe that's why?? I was in middle of game of "words with friends" when I plugged it in last night to charge. Strange ....

edit: I "double-clicked" my home button and closed all apps and now my usage & standby counters are working correctly. Obviously, an app/apps (not sure which) was/were continuously "running" - even when phone was on "locked" mode. . . . . maybe apps DO need to be closed . . . :(

Last edited:

eye4ni

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Had this same problem, but I wasn't playing a game... how can I see what app has kept my phone awake?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73