When my phone rings, sometimes it has a slide bar to answer the phone (slide from left to right to answer) and sometimes it just has a red "decline" and green "accept" button. What's up with that? How come it switches from one to the other? I'd prefer pressing "accept" rather than sliding, is there a way to do that? I'm not jailbroken.
    02-28-2011 09:59 AM
    If the phone is locked and you get a call you get the "slide to answer". If the phone is not locked and you get a call you get the red and green buttons to answer.
    gatorfan79 likes this.
    02-28-2011 10:06 AM
    I agree, i would rather have the accept rather than the slide. Not sure if you can get around it jailbroken either, but if someone knows please chime in.
    02-28-2011 11:16 AM
    This is by design. If the device is not locked, usually you're using it ( it's in your hand ) so pressing the "Accept" or "Decline" button is fine. When it is locked, you can't be using it and it might be in a pocket, purse, whatever. You wouldn't want to accidentally pocket answer right?
    02-28-2011 11:33 AM
    This is by design. If the device is not locked, usually you're using it ( it's in your hand ) so pressing the "Accept" or "Decline" button is fine. When it is locked, you can't be using it and it might be in a pocket, purse, whatever. You wouldn't want to accidentally pocket answer right?
    I also prefer it this way. I don't want to accidentially answer while pulling it out of my pocket, especially if it's somone I don't want to talk too right now.
    02-28-2011 12:00 PM
    Yeah, that's true. Ah the good ol days of BB butt-dialing...
    02-28-2011 12:12 PM
    There's a jailbreak app to change the slide to answer to accept or decline buttons no matter if the phones locked or not
    02-28-2011 12:16 PM
    JasonG do you recall the jailbreak app name?

I understand this is a preference thing. I happen to like the accept or decline option. I am happy to hear it is available. Thanks.
    02-28-2011 12:37 PM
    EZDecline. And it's 99
    02-28-2011 12:59 PM
    thanks, I will give it a try.
    02-28-2011 01:01 PM
    You can still decline the call when the slide to answer comes up by pushing the sleep/wake button.
    02-28-2011 01:56 PM
    You can still decline the call when the slide to answer comes up by pushing the sleep/wake button.
    Yup. And double-tapping it to send the call straight to voicemail.
    02-28-2011 04:54 PM
    Yup. And double-tapping it to send the call straight to voicemail.
    I only have to hit it once to send it to voicemail.
    02-28-2011 06:32 PM
    Then there should be an option that you have to slide it, then hit whether you want to accept or decline it.
    02-28-2011 06:43 PM
    I also prefer it this way. I don't want to accidentially answer while pulling it out of my pocket, especially if it's somone I don't want to talk too right now.
    Exactly. Apple thought this out, it's not just something they randomly wanted to put there to annoy everyone.
    03-01-2011 07:53 PM
    Then there should be an option that you have to slide it, then hit whether you want to accept or decline it.
    Like I said above, just hit the sleep/wake button to ignore and send it to voicemail. Or hit one of the volume buttons to silence it.
    03-01-2011 10:34 PM
    Sliding a slider is a two-handed operation - one hand to hold the phone and the other to slide the slider. Answering a phone should be doable with one hand. The slider also doesn't work if you have gloves or mittens on, so one has to take off at least one glove to answer a call. Inside an Otter Box, the Home button isn't that easy to press by accident, and being able to press the Home button to answer a call just makes sense.
    12-07-2011 02:45 PM
    Sliding a slider is a two-handed operation - one hand to hold the phone and the other to slide the slider. Answering a phone should be doable with one hand.
    um, i can do it with one hand. guess i'm special
    ProfessorTripp likes this.
    12-07-2011 04:24 PM
    um, i can do it with one hand. guess i'm special
    I answer with one hand all the time too. Not sure what the big deal is.

That said, I'm a little surprised that there isn't an accessibility option that enables it.
    12-08-2011 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD