I was searching about this as well. Would like see more thoughts about this issue from you guys.
    03-01-2011 05:46 PM
    Blackberry storms are not haptic feedback. You are clicking physical buttons. I will say my storm2 was perfect hardware wise and almost perfect software/os wise. I do agree that the blackberry os is crap compared to iOS and the web experience on the iPhone does blow bb out of the water.
    03-01-2011 08:41 PM
    I used BB for a few years. I miss the notifications and the led on BB. THATS ALL. As far as the over all experience in the past two months with the iphone 4 is WOW.I JB'd mine and installed Lockinfo on it that made me forget about the lack of notifications. Get the 32 gig for the diff in price I personally think it is worth it. I have the 16g and I am running out of space.
    03-02-2011 02:01 AM
    SPAM - your posts have been reported.

kthxbye
    03-03-2011 02:19 PM
    I will say my storm2 was perfect hardware wise and almost perfect software/os wise.
    In the great words of Barney Stinson, the storm2 was perfectly bad. If I didn't donate my 8550 to good cause I would have taken a hammer to it and smashed it pieces. The 8550 was the biggest waste of money I have ever spent next to a stripper named Kaya.
    03-03-2011 03:31 PM
    I myself was an avid BlackBerry user and also And by the way, one huge difference between the iPhone and a BB is you won't have to do a battery pull every again. That alone is almost worth it.
    I will agree about the battery pulls, this a welcome relief, but I still REALLY miss berry buzz having that visual notification for the three seperate email accounts and of course BB messenger.
    03-03-2011 05:05 PM
    I came from a Tour and let me tell you, it's night and day. I love absolutely everything about this phone. Some previous posters are misguided about some things though:

1) the iPhone hands down has the better email system. Images load lightning fast, the email is in the form the sender wanted you to see it as, and NO TRUNCATING. it also threads you emails, which is flipping nice.

2) iPhones most certainly can send attachments in emails. I don't know where people are learning otherwise... Yes, the iPhone doesn't have a file manager, but that's because that isn't how the iPhone works. It treats everything like an app, so you just have to get an app to store the files. It's really simple, and I'll gladly help anyone with more questions on this. I've sent pics, documents, PDFs, and audio clips all in emails straight from my phone. It's definitely possible and very simple to do.

I personally prefer the iPhones calendar. I like that I can change around what calendar the event goes under, and that I can add calendars like Class, Work, and Deadlines asopposed to calendars by email. The Notifications are preferable to me as well. I check my phone habitually anyway, did with my BB too, and so I just never miss them. It's also nice that when you get the popup, if you wanna reply intakes you right to the message (no opening the inbox, etc) or you can hit cancel and no boubou light will be pestering you to read the thing.

I do miss BBM, but if the current rumor is true, we might see it soon in iOS...
    Droidhead54 likes this.
    03-04-2011 01:00 PM
    Boubou = blinky. Thank you, spellcheck.

WTF is a boubou anyway??
    03-04-2011 01:15 PM
    I thought I was going to miss BBM, but then I stumbled upon multiplatform clients like Whatsapp and LiveProfile which allows me to do BBM-like msging.

I got the people I still wanted to BBM on Whatsapp so I don't miss BBM one bit
    03-04-2011 01:56 PM
    Boubou = blinky. Thank you, spellcheck.

WTF is a boubou anyway??
    It's how the french say
    "boo boo"

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    03-17-2011 11:27 PM
    Blackberry is still the best with emails.
    People seem to love to parrot that but I don't agree with it. Email on any BB is push-and-reconcile -- even on BES, which is what I used for years on my BB's. With ActiveSync I get true sync (on whatever device -- not just the iPhone). IMO that's significant and I'm sure that anyone that wondered how to get old email pushed to their BB would agree.

Also, anyone parroting that statement seems to be selectively forgetting RIM outages. I was lucky in that most of the outages seemed to be BIS outages that didn't affect BES but still...

Man...do I not miss those battery pulls. I was doing that 3 times a day on my Storm.
    Never had such problems with my BB's but I wouldn't touch the Storms. That and my last BB (years ago) was an 8310.
    Last edited by briareus; 03-18-2011 at 04:19 PM.
    03-18-2011 04:13 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD