iphone frozen whilst updating to OS4.2

dubneal

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi

I was wondering can anyone help me please?

I was updating my iphone 3GS from os4 to OS 4.2. Whilst itunes was preparing to install the OS4.2 update the USB cable accidentally disconnected from my iphone.

Now on my iPhone screen all I have is the iTunes icon and the USB cable icon with a white arrow pointing towards the iTunes logo. My laptop is not recognising my iPhone now to continue the update and when I reset my iPhone it just reverts back to the same screen as mentioned above

How do I fix this? Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Neal

riteshp83

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
hold down the power and home button until the phone turns off, and once it does release the power button and after 3 seconds release the home button. that should fix it for you. If that does not work try downloading tiny umbrella and connect the phone and it has an open to exit recovery mode. try using those options and let me know if they work for you

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You can search for DFU mode and put the phone into DFU mode and try the recovery again. However it should have done it in Recovery mode too. If all else fails I would say take it to an Apple store and get them to upgrade it for you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice