I'm curious to know if it's possible for someone to mess up the touch screen capabilities on a 3GS. My son let someone have a hands-on look at his phone and the next time he tried to use it, the touch screen wouldn't respond. I figured out how to get the bar on the home screen to slide but none of the app icons worked. I restored it to default and it seems fine so I'm pretty sure it's not hardware.

The kid that had his phone is a brat and has older siblings with iPhones, so I have a feeling that he did something on purpose.
    02-26-2011 02:45 PM
    Physical damage can often make the screen lose some touch function. Your best bet is to take it to the Apple store and see what they say. Don't mention that it may have been physically damaged though :P
    02-26-2011 03:30 PM
    I can't stand annoying brats like this. I bet this little brat will have an iPhone soon too cause his parents show their love by buying him stuff.
    02-26-2011 06:17 PM
    Wow. That was completely out of line. I give my children $50 toward the purchase of a phone at upgrade time. Anything more than that and it's on them. The 3GS is $49.
    02-26-2011 08:43 PM
    I can't stand annoying brats like this. I bet this little brat will have an iPhone soon too cause his parents show their love by buying him stuff.
    And I can't stand annoying forum trolls who contribute nothing to a thread other than making personal judgement on someone they know nothing about.
    02-27-2011 12:02 AM
    If it was a little kid (5-8 years old) I could see, even an iPod touch is a bit much when they could be out running and playing with other kids their age rather sit behind a little screen playing video games. but if its like a 12, 13 or 14 year old, meh. my personal opinion is wait till they get a job and show them responsblity of having them pay for their bill, but thats just me.

I do like how you set a limit
    02-27-2011 12:30 AM
    umm, guys.. i think moneymike was referring to the kid who allegedly mishandled the iDevice
    02-27-2011 12:52 AM
    umm, guys.. i think moneymike was referring to the kid who allegedly mishandled the iDevice
    That's how I read it also
    02-27-2011 01:03 AM
    same here, interested to see how this turns out OP let us know what happened. When you got it back was the app icons all jiggling? it's a stupid question but only thing I can think of that would kill app functionality.
    02-27-2011 02:12 AM
    It's been fine since I did the reset/restore process. I will update if I dies again!
    02-27-2011 02:17 AM
    And I can't stand annoying forum trolls who contribute nothing to a thread other than making personal judgement on someone they know nothing about.
    Don't you just look like an ***** right about now.
    02-27-2011 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD