Never felt so at home with a phone as I have the iPhone

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Anyone relate?

I have not once at anytime considered going back to any other platform. I don't think I have ever been so satisfied with a phone than I have with this iPhone. It does everything I need it to do, want it to do, and if it doesn't there is an app for it. The build quality, size, and screen have been nothing short of incredible. The camera has almost replaced my standalone camera. The Facetime which I thought was something I wouldn't use at all really has been used much more than anticipated.

For someone that can tend to nitpick SOMETHING wrong with a phone, I have found absolutely NOTHING wrong with it.

The only thing lacking for me personally, which I look forward to one day having, is the 64GB, and if they were able to pull that off with this exact design....it would make it as perfect a phone as I could ever think they could pull off :cool:

Reactions: shipwrestler125

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't agree more. I was surprised at how quickly I fell in love with my iPad but it's been even more prevalent since I got my iPhone.

This coming from a guy that used many of the first smartphones and hated them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think the main reason for there not being a 64GB is because there is not a single 64GB chip that is cheep enough to be placed in the phone. The iPod touch can have it as it has the space for it. on the iPhone the other space is used for the 3G chip I believe. At least that was the case with the first three iPhones.

ImStrapped

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
^^ exactly. there are problems with every company, platform, product, etc.
but the i would have to agree that nothing can really compare with the iphone.

it's solid, quick, reliable, easy to use, fun. another huge plus is that it appeals to such a wide audience, i mean kids to teens to adults to elderly folk can all use the iphone for whatever they please.

this is unlike BB who normally appeals more to business people.

jwhite4304#WP

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the topic - never had a phone that just worked without having to spend alot of time learning the bells and whistles, that I rarely use.
Jimbo

GolpherZX

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Everything is very functional. I can type fairly fast considering that it is only thumbs and all. The overall experience is just that, they have the package for the user experience nailed down tight. Also apple keeping the same form factor everywhere has absolutely crushed on the accessories side of things too. The phone simplifies.

Heather_S

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a DX, i miss a few things. Notifications and my led. But other than than that i am quite happy. I also wish it could have replaceable memory.

But overall a happy camper!

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a DX, i miss a few things. Notifications and my led. But other than than that i am quite happy. I also wish it could have replaceable memory.

But overall a happy camper!

I miss those things from my DX. I also miss having a user defined dictionary, and. T9 input. But still love the phone. This is the first phone where I wasn't out looking for something better.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I miss the notifications as well. And the different colored blinking led lights. But there are some things that I DON'T MISS...like the freezing and lag and the battery pulls and so so battery life. I do believe iOS will bring some major enhancements (they have to to keep up with the competition) and I can't wait to see what goodies it may bring.

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't see ever buying anything other than an iPhone. Best OS in my opinion, as well as best third party support. And nothing else even comes close to the build quality.

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I miss those things from my DX. I also miss having a user defined dictionary, and. T9 input. But still love the phone. This is the first phone where I wasn't out looking for something better.

How happy are you overall with the iPhone error correction? User defined does come in handy in quite a few areas, unfortunately though, on DX, I primarily used the user defined dictionary to fix consistent errors that were unintentionally made, but for some reason got made often. For instance, 90% of the time I typed "you", it would type "oh" or "yoh" so I had to fix the yoh to spell you, and it dropped to 60% of the time typing OH :mad: Then there was a constant issue of if I was typing out "you owe $25" it would show "oh owe $ 25"

iPhone keyboard isn't perfect, but it does impress me with immediate correction when my large size thumbs insist on typing something other than I want ;)

On another note, I was talking to a buddy of mine that I convinced to get a Droid X :eek: He tends to follow my phone trends and he was asking me which I like better. I told him, I got what I wanted to have all along. However if you ask me which one is BETTER? iPhone is better for ME. I told him, I get similar battery life with the iPhone that I got with Droid X, I did good on that. Droid X has Widgets and the pull down for previewing notifications. On the flip side, the overall quality is just there on the iPhone....it just works. No crashing, no glitches that I have seen, the apps look and run so much smoother, the multitasking isn't bogging it down, I don't have to restart it everyday. He got what he wanted, I got what I wanted, and in the world of competition, we all win as each platform works consistently to top each other for more advantages....we all win :D

One other note heh heh sorry for the long post.....the iPhone inspired me to go Apple all the way, finally found myself on a MacBook. :)

Heather_S

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
While i am truly liking my ip4 ALOT! i do find it lacking in several (already well discussed) areas so i wont be covering them yet again. But suffice to say that it has yet to completely win me over or be the be all end all some make it out to be (no phone is) But as with any new device there is a learning curve, a getting to know one another if you will. And we are still getting acquainted and learning each others shortcomings.

And it may just win me over in the end, until then i still have quite fond memories of my DX, as i had non of the choppy or laggy issues so many claim. It was a smooth running platform that out performs my ip4 on a few things. But the over all less "techie" aspect of the ip4 has appealed to me for quite some time. Simple, elegant, and just seems to do what it does well.

Over all so far i would say i am about 70/30 in favor of it at the moment.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
While i am truly liking my ip4 ALOT! i do find it lacking in several (already well discussed) areas so i wont be covering them yet again. But suffice to say that it has yet to completely win me over or be the be all end all some make it out to be (no phone is) But as with any new device there is a learning curve, a getting to know one another if you will. And we are still getting acquainted and learning each others shortcomings.

And it may just win me over in the end, until then i still have quite fond memories of my DX, as i had non of the choppy or laggy issues so many claim. It was a smooth running platform that out performs my ip4 on a few things. But the over all less "techie" aspect of the ip4 has appealed to me for quite some time. Simple, elegant, and just seems to do what it does well.

Over all so far i would say i am about 70/30 in favor of it at the moment.

I was a BB and iPhone user for a couple of years. When I switched to Verizon
I used the DX for a couple of months before the i4 was released. The DX is a
GREAT PHONE. I just hated that I couldn't really use it as my "daily driver" so
to speak for music. I think all other phones suck with music and the iPhone
(basically an iPod) fits perfect. I just overlook the horrible notification system.
I know that in due time Apple will eventually fix it.

Heather_S

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I was a BB and iPhone user for a couple of years. When I switched to Verizon
I used the DX for a couple of months before the i4 was released. The DX is a
GREAT PHONE. I just hated that I couldn't really use it as my "daily driver" so
to speak for music. I think all other phones suck with music and the iPhone
(basically an iPod) fits perfect. I just overlook the horrible notification system.
I know that in due time Apple will eventually fix it.[/QUOT

While i agree about it being a great phone (albeit for the battery life) I however dont agree about it not being a great music player

I used the Power Amp pro app, and it was fabulous. :D

Scout_313

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
To be totally honest, if there were an Android phone roughly the same size as the iPhone 4 and could match the battery life, I would probably go back to Android. I had the Droid X and loved it except for the fact that it was a little too big (I'd be totally happy with a 4" screen). The Incredible was nearly perfect in size but the battery life was terrible (even with the extended battery).

I've jailbroken my iPhone and I'm finding that the apps and customizations I'm using are done so in order to try to recreate the Android functionality that I sorely miss. I'm hoping that iOS 5 makes some huge improvements because Android is right on Apple's tail in my opinion.

Reactions: ChrisGonzales90

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox