who switched from Android to iOS and why??

brittanyh

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I switched because I was sick of the buggy OS of Android. I've wanted an iPhone since it first came out but definitely wasn't about to leave VZW for AT&T. I just converted my husband (he had a BB 9650) and he loves the iPhone too!

tritan

Jan 6, 2001
Visit site
I'm going in the morning and buying 2 iPhones for my wife and I. We are dumping our DXs. I can't wait to sell these and enjoy the fruit...

I was waiting for iPhone 5 to switch from my droid x but if it's not going to be till sept then I might switch now.I just can't stand waiting for windows on my x to receive a call or end a call . The pauses drive me nutts! The biggest fear I have is missing the turn by turn navigation. Everything else I can work with .

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
I was waiting for iPhone 5 to switch from my droid x but if it's not going to be till sept then I might switch now.I just can't stand waiting for windows on my x to receive a call or end a call . The pauses drive me nutts! The biggest fear I have is missing the turn by turn navigation. Everything else I can work with .
Use Co-Pilot Live on the iPhone. The US-only version costs $4.99 and it doesn't rely on a network connection for maps in the same way Google's Navigator does.

Pjr772

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I've had both the original Droid and the Droid x. Dumped the original Droid for the x and dumped the x the day Verizon got the iPhone. Android is way to buggy for me. Had the x for about six months and had it replaced four times due to it randomly locking up, shutting down randomly, shutting down randomly in the middle of calls and so on. Neither of my droids were rooted and my iPhone is not jailbroken.

tritan

Jan 6, 2001
Visit site
I've had both the original Droid and the Droid x. Dumped the original Droid for the x and dumped the x the day Verizon got the iPhone. Android is way to buggy for me. Had the x for about six months and had it replaced four times due to it randomly locking up, shutting down randomly, shutting down randomly in the middle of calls and so on. Neither of my droids were rooted and my iPhone is not jailbroken.

I am getting random resets. I am afraid if I bring it to Verizon they are going to say its a bad app and there is nothing they can do for me. :mad:

Pjr772

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I am getting random resets. I am afraid if I bring it to Verizon they are going to say its a bad app and there is nothing they can do for me. :mad:

Brought mine to Verizon every time I had it happen. They tried to blame it on the apps but replaced the phone for me every time. I waited till the iPhone came out and demanded that my phone not be replaced with another android product and left with an iPhone.

tritan

Jan 6, 2001
Visit site
Brought mine to Verizon every time I had it happen. They tried to blame it on the apps but replaced the phone for me every time. I waited till the iPhone came out and demanded that my phone not be replaced with another android product and left with an iPhone.

the question is how many times would i have to do that? maybe trying customer support on the phone would be better. I have always had better luck with VCS.

fftaz336

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I switched from blackberry os to android to iOS. Both blackberry and android were too buggy for me. Blackberry phones I found came with hardware that was not enough power, not enough memory. The droid x I had had issues with locking up and was very laggy. My wife's droid 2 had problems with hanging up on people because they couldn't get the proximity sensor to work right.

I love how fluid the iPhone is. I don't have any problems with moving from one thing to another and haven't had any problems with the phone locking up. No having to restart the phone twice a day which is nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I had blackberry for years then got the Droid x. Droid blew blackberry away in every category except email. I am now using Verizon iPhone and loving it. Although I wish I could customize more I will trade that any day for an incredibly stable os that doesnt freeze lock up or lag.

tperry

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
For the people who think this phone has bad notifications, jailbreak using greenpois0n (took me literally 2 minutes including time to search for and download the application) and get bitesms. It destroys anything android has and if you get lockinfo you get all of your info on your lockscreen PLUS you get a drop down menu. Even an unstable jailbreak is more stable than crappy android software and 99% of android apps suck. The only good ones are ones they got after iOS got them.

Handcent is equal to biteSMS from my experience. I get frequent resprings into safe mode on my IP 4, but never had any problems on my Droid X running Fission ROM. I miss the larger screen but since several client have adopted the iPhone I needed to get familiar with it. I just keep the X active on another line for when I need features it has that the IP 4 doesn't (navigation and weatherbugs severe weather alerts - the iPhone version does not do push alerts).

Last edited:

stockandroidguy

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I had the htc incredible an although it was a really fast phone and htc sense was awesome I have to say that android for me still needs to catch up with the apps and also the dealbreaker was the battery life for there phones needs to be improved. Also android apps crashed more than my iPhone apps have. Of course that was my experience and it's really based on preference and no one can match how customizable android right out of the box. Of course jailbreak/ root makes both phones more or less on par with each other

Cosmicrush

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I had the htc incredible an although it was a really fast phone and htc sense was awesome I have to say that android for me still needs to catch up with the apps and also the dealbreaker was the battery life for there phones needs to be improved. Also android apps crashed more than my iPhone apps have. Of course that was my experience and it's really based on preference and no one can match how customizable android right out of the box. Of course jailbreak/ root makes both phones more or less on par with each other

I had this phone too! It isn't good anymore. But the Atrix seems awesome but I'm sticking to iPhone until android stops having bad apps. I can't make music on android. But iOS has amazing sequencers and samplers and synths.

safetytx

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Finally converted to the iPhone 4 from a Droid X. I have to say...even without notifications and an LED i am pretty happy with it. Battery Life is concerning but I will continue to monitor it and look for ways to improve it. I just don't fell like I have to shut down all the features on my phone in order to get a full days use out of it.

Cosmicrush

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Finally converted to the iPhone 4 from a Droid X. I have to say...even without notifications and an LED i am pretty happy with it. Battery Life is concerning but I will continue to monitor it and look for ways to improve it. I just don't fell like I have to shut down all the features on my phone in order to get a full days use out of it.

I've been having bad battery problems too and I don't know why.

Cosmicrush

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site

Omg did that really work? Was it a free iPhone? I did something sort of similar. I got an old iPhone 4 on craigslist and took to apple and they replaced because it had screen tint. So I got new iPhone for very cheap

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Former HTC Incredible owner here. Aside from a few issues, I really liked it. My reasons for switching to iphone are as follows:

1) I've never had an iphone before, so decided it would be cool to try it out.

2) Better battery life. MUCH better than the Incredible... no more being tethered to the wall charger every day.

3) Android phones seem to be trending toward larger screens, which I don't particularly like. The iphone is the perfect size for a phone, in my opinion.

petersenjp

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
From sprint hero. Reason...unstable apps, battery life, I have a list but not worth typing them all out. Haha. .I like having one company develop the hardware and os. I am an apple guy now!

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
80+ posts and the originator made one post.

I moved to Apple phone because of a business app and miss the Android navigation, UI control, key pad speed dial and options for superior 3rd party keyboard apps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AbbiePilgrim