Finally converted to the iPhone 4 from a Droid X. I have to say...even without notifications and an LED i am pretty happy with it. Battery Life is concerning but I will continue to monitor it and look for ways to improve it. I just don't fell like I have to shut down all the features on my phone in order to get a full days use out of it.
    I've been having bad battery problems too and I don't know why.
    04-21-2011 11:14 PM
    Brought mine to Verizon every time I had it happen. They tried to blame it on the apps but replaced the phone for me every time. I waited till the iPhone came out and demanded that my phone not be replaced with another android product and left with an iPhone.
    Omg did that really work? Was it a free iPhone? I did something sort of similar. I got an old iPhone 4 on craigslist and took to apple and they replaced because it had screen tint. So I got new iPhone for very cheap
    04-21-2011 11:17 PM
    Former HTC Incredible owner here. Aside from a few issues, I really liked it. My reasons for switching to iphone are as follows:

1) I've never had an iphone before, so decided it would be cool to try it out.

2) Better battery life. MUCH better than the Incredible... no more being tethered to the wall charger every day.

3) Android phones seem to be trending toward larger screens, which I don't particularly like. The iphone is the perfect size for a phone, in my opinion.
    pipemilo likes this.
    04-22-2011 09:19 AM
    From sprint hero. Reason...unstable apps, battery life, I have a list but not worth typing them all out. Haha. .I like having one company develop the hardware and os. I am an apple guy now!
    05-09-2011 09:45 PM
    80+ posts and the originator made one post.

I moved to Apple phone because of a business app and miss the Android navigation, UI control, key pad speed dial and options for superior 3rd party keyboard apps.
    05-09-2011 10:07 PM
    I moved because I was tired of laggy phones. I had a Droid Incredible and even with un installing apps I didn't have to have, and clearing the cash, and restarts, it was STILL laggy. Mean while my brother has a iP4 he got the week it came out, and he has no issues what so ever. I know what I could of done with Android, but I couldn't in the effort to keep my phone from getting either super slow or not lasting through the day.
    05-09-2011 10:54 PM
    Just switched from Dinc to iPhone 4 last week and loving it. Main problems with Android is subpar apps and weak battery life. I was literally scared to use my phone away from home because the battery wouldn't last. Most of the features of Android are just novelty things that either drain the battery or you will grow bored with after a month. I never used the live wallpapers because the phone wouldn't last 6 hours away from home. And honestly how many times can you move widgets and icons around before it's not fun anymore? They also have this app memory system that only gives you about 500MB to load apps. So if your into apps like me and want the latest and greatest at their full potential stay away from Android.
    05-10-2011 04:05 PM
    I made the switch from the Evo to the iPhone just over two weeks ago. There are a ton of things that I like about the iPhone. I believe there are even more things that I love about android...

It all comes down to choosing a basic operating system like iOS or going with something a little more complex and advanced (yes... I said advanced) operating system like Android.

I am considering switching back to Android. There are just a ton of features that I miss - like being able to download a new message tone for example. I don't want to have to jail break my iPhone so I can have the features that I can get with the Android with out jail breaking.
    05-10-2011 05:07 PM
    Did I reply to this? Hell I don't know- there are too many threads like this. But I'll chime in

I've always wanted an iPhone, so I had a 3GS but HATED paying $60/month for a iPod touch so I went back to Verizon and waited. So really, I still haven't gotten over the iPhone.

My O.G. Droid was fine. Until Froyo came along and turned my phone into a si-si-simple jack. The app store was lame too. But even if I had the option to upgrade to the latest and greatest Android handset anytime I felt like it, I still would have returned to the iPhone.
    05-10-2011 05:09 PM
    I switched from android, then switched back....went from a droid x to the iphone, then when the incredible 2 came out i switched back. android customization just can't be beat...period. the ONLY thing that was really superior about my iphone was the battery life...until now. the incredible 2 gets at least as good battery life as my iphone did...and it has a 4" screen, plus all the goodies that android offers.

iOS is a little more "polished" i suppose, but to me it's boring and not worth the sacrifice of losing all that is possible with the android OS....for my wife, the iphone is perfect and she still has hers. as for me, the incredible 2 is way better.

different strokes for different folks!
    05-10-2011 05:13 PM
    I made the switch from the Evo to the iPhone just over two weeks ago. There are a ton of things that I like about the iPhone. I believe there are even more things that I love about android...

It all comes down to choosing a basic operating system like iOS or going with something a little more complex and advanced (yes... I said advanced) operating system like Android.

I am considering switching back to Android. There are just a ton of features that I miss - like being able to download a new message tone for example. I don't want to have to jail break my iPhone so I can have the features that I can get with the Android with out jail breaking.
    I made the same switch, but found myself extremely limited by iOS. Made a post about it here. I still have the iPhone 4 but its been sitting on the counter for the most part and will be going back next week.
    05-10-2011 07:17 PM
    first off we can go all day about iphone specs and android specs, however it always boil down to personal prefrence. But i definitley feel people dont ever give iphone the credit is has. One is that if you look at the htc android device their touch flo UI was inspired by the iphone. the iphone was the fist touch friendly device to come on the seen. second the apps actually made the iphone a true experience. The iphone remains a steady platform for any app that a company wants to make. Other then that. I always get android envy at times but i have sevaral friend with android and they carry extra batterys and chargers with them.Another thing is android and its games arent to par with apple. Some games that are intense in graphics. Android will suceed with customizaton but the iphone can do that with jail breaks to me jail breaks are easy, as a matter fact you tube makes very easy guides that any one can do. Other then that they have notifications via jailbreaks such as lock info or intellscreen. you can do widgets to but not a huge variety for iphone. Another thing is that the media player nothing compares to having an ipod. Especially syncing like alot of albums. other then that hardware specs will be upgraded with the iphone 5. I dont need a huge screen yet as long as they increase the size on the next model. Jail braking my phone has given all the features i want.
    05-10-2011 07:24 PM
    ^ HTC's skin is called Sense (not Touch flo), and it has absolutely nothing in common with the iPhone. Also, there are many different choices for media players in the Android market... some of them much better than the ipod app included on the iphone.

I like my iPhone, but there are many good things about Android too. Personally, I think it's very possible to like both.
    05-10-2011 07:52 PM
    Maybe he was thinking of Touch Wiz from Samsung, which does look somewhat like iOS.
    05-10-2011 08:13 PM
    I switched from Blackberry Torch to Samsung Captivate and then to an iPhone 4. I miss the Captivate the most and would not have switched if my IT Department hadn't banned Android phones from out network. I have jailbroken my iPhone but I still don't have it setup quite like I had my Captivate and I miss the notifications on both the Torch and Captivate.

Don't get me wrong, the iPhone has grown on me but I have high hopes for iOS5.
    05-10-2011 08:15 PM
    after owning the Droid, Incredible, X, Fascinate, and Pro...i wanted to try iOS for something different.

i've had the iphone since 3/15 and i cannot wait to go back to android. sure, the apps are better, the battery life is amazing, and system is polished...but android has so much more potential.
    pipemilo likes this.
    05-10-2011 08:21 PM
    after owning the Droid, Incredible, X, Fascinate, and Pro...i wanted to try iOS for something different.

i've had the iphone since 3/15 and i cannot wait to go back to android. sure, the apps are better, the battery life is amazing, and system is polished...but android has so much more potential.
    So the apps, battery and os are better but you can't wait to switch back... I am very confused.
    05-10-2011 10:16 PM
    The sum of the the parts of Android are better than the whole of iOS, even if certain aspects of iOS are better than Android.
    05-11-2011 07:13 AM
    Its truely a love hate with Android. It was neat that I could customize the phone how I wanted. The only problem, the widgets I would want to use would suck the battery dry.

I maybe bias as well...I have been an itunes user for many many years, so all my media is already organized through there. While there are apps to get my music, videos, and what not from itunes, I dont want to have to launch a different application to access my media. I know alot of people dont, but I like iTunes.

Final thought I spend all day dealing with computers. The last thing I want to do when I get home is spend time tinkering with my phone. I just want it to work...
    05-11-2011 08:12 AM
    Its truely a love hate with Android. It was neat that I could customize the phone how I wanted. The only problem, the widgets I would want to use would suck the battery dry.

I maybe bias as well...I have been an itunes user for many many years, so all my media is already organized through there. While there are apps to get my music, videos, and what not from itunes, I dont want to have to launch a different application to access my media. I know alot of people dont, but I like iTunes.

Final thought I spend all day dealing with computers. The last thing I want to do when I get home is spend time tinkering with my phone. I just want it to work...
    I'm on board with this, too. I've been through a wide range of phones from a few companies (LG, Motorola, RIM, etc.) and have enjoyed the iPhone the most.

Yes, my Droid 2 was highly customizable, but battery management became an issue. iTunes integration, even though there were apps for that, was never quite spot on.

I might have less customizing options on the iPhone, but after years of experience with smart and non-smart phones, I'm okay with that. It all comes down to how you use the device. The Android OS (and accompanying widgets, etc.) allowed me to do what I need, but I had to work at it a bit. I find that the iPhone covers all of my needs with ease.
    05-11-2011 09:46 AM
    I have made the switch to an unlocked 3GS. Overall, the experience is smoother, easier, and more functional. I despised Apple and didn't want to purchase any of their products but using the iPhone shows me how people get addicted. While Android is more customizable, in my experience the flaws outweighed the positive. I had a Transform and my boyfriend has an EVO. My Transform was very laggy and his browser was so slow on his EVO. And while it was fun to keep changing the home screen, it got boring after awhile and not being able to answer calls and texts was nerve racking. Hopefully my journey will iOS will be a great one
    05-11-2011 07:00 PM
    I switched from a Droid X because a lot of what I use my phone for is media. The iPhone's music app just works a lot better than Androids, and the dreaded AAC+ bug in Android, which fanboys say isn't around anymore, as of the latest version of Froyo, even though I was still hearing it (and whoever says it wasn't around anymore is either deaf or doesn't know what to listen for) making Slacker and Pandora unlistenable to me. And don't even get me started on the horrible video player and battery life.
    05-12-2011 01:25 AM
    This has been an informative thread.

I've had a Droid for two years and just recently renewed my Verizon contract and ordered the iPhone 4s. I've never owned an iPhone before so am looking forward to comparing the differences in the two OS's.
    10-09-2011 06:42 PM
    I cannot stand android with all the force closes, random freeze-ups, not too mention it's almost childish look and feel. iOS is polished, professional, fun and sexy
    10-09-2011 06:53 PM
    I switched from a Droid X. I really liked the DX until the Gingerbread update hit. Before 2.3, my phone was without issue. It ran flawlessly, and maybe that was part of the problem later. After Gingerbread, my phone would reset, the reception was garbage, the camera stopped working, things were force closing that wouldn't force close before, including many of the native apps, like email and messaging. I wiped the phone a few times and none of the problems seemed to be resolved. So, after dealing with it for a little bit, I loaded the update that eventually got pushed, but didn't fix anything. I put Froyo back on it so the phone would work again when I got tired of dealing with the problems with Gingerbread. The problem was fixed, but I was incredibly annoyed that I'd be stuck on Froyo until they "fixed" what supposedly wasn't broken. Verizon's solution was to swap it out with another DX that came preloaded with GB. That didn't seem like a solution. So I jumped on eBay and looked at both the iPhone 4 and the HTC Trophy. As much as I like a bunch of things about WP7, I don't think it's quite there yet. After looking and waiting, I have an iPhone.
    10-09-2011 06:54 PM
121 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD