iphone data flow

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
i'm trying to see if i want to switch from android to iphone so i'm trying to figure out if the iphone can do what i need.

i'm just wondering if there's a way for me to turn off "data" flow on iphone while leaving voice and text message flow on. not to turn any flow completely like "airplane" mode. on my android i can turn off data flow like email and facebook updates and such with one switch while keeping voice and text message flowing. it saves me battery when i don't need to use them.

and if anyone has had the droid incredible, how much longer does the iphone battery last? one of my main problems is that my battery runs low quicker than i want it. i don't want to see 50% battery in just 6 hours.

does email on iphone employ push method? it's kind of nice getting email instantaneously. i've heard from other users that email is refreshed on certain time intervals and not instant.

thanks for any help. :)

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Yes you can turn data off. Yes it has push services. And the battery lasts a while and depends on how much you use the phone and your settings. Mine lasts me all day easily wig moderate to heavy use

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
where would you find that data switch off? cause i was asking other iphone 4 users and they don't seem to know where it is. it only switches off data and leaves voice and text up right?

iLove-AppLe

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Its not so much as turning it off, what you do is disable the push notifications, so basically if you dont go into that program and manually reload it (e.g.: face book, e-mails, or apps) You wont get a vib, or sound from your home screen or phone call. You can also disable the pop ups so you dont get that small display window.

brina042

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The Iphone's battery life is MUUUUUCH better than the DInc's :) The Iphone 4 has the best battery life of any smartphone on the market now.

cmpdblue

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The Iphone's battery life is MUUUUUCH better than the DInc's :) The Iphone 4 has the best battery life of any smartphone on the market now.

I agreed !! I came from a Storm 2, which from a full charge would get me about 10 hours or so. That was sometimes a problem for me because I work 10 hour shifts - so if I got stuck late, I would have to throw my phone on a charger.

Now, I easily get 16 - 18 hours of battery life before I need to charge. Most nights, I put my phone on the charger with a fantastic 40% battery life left :D I'm happy with my i4.

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
great. sounds like the batter is amazing.

data flow switch: check

battery life: check

now i just need to find out if i can use the free google navigator on there and i'm set. if not... that's something to consider cause i do use it quite often. it's so handy.

TheKid23

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
The MapQuest mobile app is great and free! I def suggest checking it out. I found it on a top ten list of must have apps for the Verizon iPhone4.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
does that give me turn by turn voice navigation like the google navigator?

it does, it's very similar to google maps on android (i came from the droid x)...google maps is a little more "polished" i think, but it still works and does the same thing.

battery life is amazing...i have a friend with an Incredible and he is routinely jealous of my battery life. the other day at work (unplugged since 4:45am), i ran pandora literally ALL day from about 6:30 am till around 5 pm with only a break for lunch....after I went out for dinner and got home around 9pm, I still had about 35%....simply amazing if you ask me.

as for the data thing, no need for that...the battery will last without having to do stuff like that

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods