I am a new user to iphones, so this may be a dumb question. A friend is sending an email with a video attachment and the attachment does not appear in the recieved email. However, if I go to the email server (via my home computer) I see the email with an attachment icon. Clicking on the email likewise, does not show the attachment. Any ideas on what is happening.

Thanks for any ideas.
    02-24-2011 11:14 AM
    try this...close the mail app out completely through the multitask switcher. then, open mail back up and wait for the attachment icon to appear next to the e-mail subject in the preview screen before actually going into the mail. i know that going really quickly straight to the actual e-mail has caused this issue for me before.

it could also be a type of video file a non-jailbroken iphone can't read. but i think no matter what, the icon should still come up.
    02-24-2011 01:40 PM
    You can also try re setting up your email account, but I thin its just a file format that the iphone does not recognize.
    03-07-2011 07:18 PM
    Even if it doesn't recognize the file it should still show up. Those are both good suggestions let us know what happens.
    03-07-2011 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD