Home Button Contact Problem

Macvy Ricky

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Just saw this post on Macrumors and I have the same problem - just asking here because people give better replies!

"Recently I had been noticing at times that sometimes I would have to tap the home button twice for screen to wake up. I thought maybe I was imagining a click the first time so I didnt think of it much but it happened again today while i was paying attention.

I then googled and found this post :

Unresponsive home button taps. Like others have implied, this appears (to me) to be a hardware issue that I can reproduce. Looking at the home button like a clock face, if I take a fingernail and press at the 12:00 and 6:00 positions on the very edge of the button, I get failures more often than successes. Note that this is not true for the 9/3 o'clock positions, they appear to make contact.

here : http://discussions.apple.com/thread....rt=60&tstart=0

Is this normal with every iPhone? Does your exhibit the same behaviour? If not, I am considering asking for a new device (this one also has sort of a loose silent switch)"

Elaine5006

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Just saw this post on Macrumors and I have the same problem - just asking here because people give better replies!

"Recently I had been noticing at times that sometimes I would have to tap the home button twice for screen to wake up. I thought maybe I was imagining a click the first time so I didnt think of it much but it happened again today while i was paying attention.

I then googled and found this post :
Unresponsive home button taps. Like others have implied, this appears (to me) to be a hardware issue that I can reproduce. Looking at the home button like a clock face, if I take a fingernail and press at the 12:00 and 6:00 positions on the very edge of the button, I get failures more often than successes. Note that this is not true for the 9/3 o'clock positions, they appear to make contact.

here : http://discussions.apple.com/thread....rt=60&tstart=0

Is this normal with every iPhone? Does your exhibit the same behaviour? If not, I am considering asking for a new device (this one also has sort of a loose silent switch)"

I can click at the 12 Oclock position on the home button and nothing happens. I am wondering if this is a problem with my phone. Are we the only people this is happening with?

Macvy Ricky

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't think so. Atleast I hope not.

That gives 3/3 for people who actually checked. just waiting for more responses. My 12 is the only thing that doesnt work either.

Macvy Ricky

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
My proximity senser is also sort of late or its just me. I mean after I take it off my face it takes about a second or less to light back up. I guess I am just being paranoid.

Macvy Ricky

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I noticed it has to be the absolute corner - like in the post it mentions use your nail. If its borderline gray area works. Oh well. I think I am over it. It works.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
My home button sometimes registers the double-click as a single click and sends me to search. Sometimes double-clicking to bring up the app switcher registers as a single click, sending me home. And every now and then the home button doesn't wake up the phone. Takes a second time to wake it up.

Elaine5006

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I called Verizon today and talked to someone about this issue and they told me I could trade the phone in for another one. So tomorrow I am going to take it back and see what they say. I'll let you know what happens.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
12 o'clock is sometimes flaky for me. I solve that by hitting the home button in the middle like every other iPhone owner on this planet. :p

bab2010

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
12 3 6 9 o'clock doesn't work here only the real central point work, i need to really touch in the central point of the home button to have any response on the phone, some how i'm now use to it since i'm living with it for almost 3 months now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SimpleAsItSeems

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
12 o'clock is sometimes flaky for me. I solve that by hitting the home button in the middle like every other iPhone owner on this planet. :p

Yeah. who knew it was molded inward to perfectly fit the full tip of a finger? And I've been only using my fingernail to press on the very bottom of the button! :p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR