So I've been noticing lately that my iphone does something really weird and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem:

I'll type on the keyboard and random letters will have a LOUDER click sound than the other letters. There doesn't seem to be any specific pattern or reason.

So it'll sound something like... click, click, click, click, CLICK, click click click click click CLICK click click CLICK click click

My phone is jailbroken so maybe it's some package I installed, but it seems to have started randomly....
    02-23-2011 01:25 PM
    Mine does the same thing and it is not jail broken, very strange.
    02-23-2011 01:53 PM
    @VZiPhone

I noticed also when I use the dial pad to call someone the key inputs for the numbers do the same thing. Does yours do the same thing? Also have had any call quality issues? My friend last night on the other end said my voice was getting louder and quieter and louder and so forth. I don't know if this is related or a coincidence, but it has me worried.
    02-23-2011 02:02 PM
    I have not used the dial pad to much so I am not sure on that one. My call quality seems to be great on both ends though.
    02-23-2011 02:06 PM
    Does that mean it's possiblly a hardware issue? Or a bug in Apple's firmware?
    02-23-2011 02:06 PM
    Don't know, do you have this problem RedChirp?
    02-23-2011 02:12 PM
    Oh, no. I have a 3GS. Was just trying to give ideas.

But it seems to be only Verizon iPhones that have this problem? I don't think I've ever heard of this before.
    02-23-2011 02:21 PM
    check under accessibility. I've noticed it, too and I think it may have something to do with "speak auto-text".
    02-23-2011 02:30 PM
    check under accessibility. I've noticed it, too and I think it may have something to do with "speak auto-text".
    Mine is set to "Off" which I think is the default.
    02-23-2011 02:39 PM
    So I've been noticing lately that my iphone does something really weird and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem:

I'll type on the keyboard and random letters will have a LOUDER click sound than the other letters. There doesn't seem to be any specific pattern or reason.

So it'll sound something like... click, click, click, click, CLICK, click click click click click CLICK click click CLICK click click

My phone is jailbroken so maybe it's some package I installed, but it seems to have started randomly....
    Mine does this once in awhile as well. Sometimes when I enter my passcode to unlock the phone the clicks are very loud and still loud for the first app I use with the keyboard, then they are normal.
    02-23-2011 02:49 PM
    I've noticed this too. My thinking is that it has to do with the placement of your palms while typing. My hands cover up part of the speaker on some letters and not on others.
    02-23-2011 03:28 PM
    I've noticed the clicks are louder when it corrects a word I typed. After a couple of clicks, it goes back to normal volume.
    02-23-2011 04:08 PM
    mine doesn't have that problem knock on wood
    02-23-2011 08:18 PM
    I've never noticed a louder click while typing or using the dial pad.
    02-23-2011 09:24 PM
    I've never had this issue before either.
    02-24-2011 10:13 AM
    its because you are covering the speaker without noticing...try it without covering and they will all sound the same
    02-26-2011 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD