iPhone5

wchsxc

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has a thirty day return policy as far as I know. Am I the only one thinking about returning the four because the 5 seems to be following the normal Apple pattern of set yearly upgrades?

Good idea to return or keep it?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I think Verizon may have changed the returns to 14 days on high-end devices...

It is completely unknown if a rumored iPhone5 will even be compatible with Verizon's network. And instead of working on a bunch of "what-ifs" - I suggest it's better to wait for facts, and make fully informed decisions once facts are known. One thing that is known is the next two years is going to be a huge change in the industry with deployment of LTE. Right now, the iPhone4 is a sure thing, and will still be viable technologically while we see how things shake out with LTE... getting an iPhone4 now on a two year contract would allow you to be eligible to upgrade again in 20 months when things will be more settled with LTE phones & deployment.

wchsxc

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I bought the 32 gig for that very reason durango. I don't need the extra space but selling it for more will give me more towards that 16 gig ViP5.

SOV

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
If you are within the 14 or 30 day range, whatever their new policy is, it's definetly an idea. I would personally keep it, and sell it when the 5th comes out. It's too late to just tell you to wait a few months, since you already have it. I switched to Verizon on the 10th and sold my iPhone 4 from AT&T the same day for 400. Prices will definetly drop though when the 5th is announced. Look into programs like eBay and Radioshack has, where they will buy old electronics.

lmac4cy

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
This could be hit or miss. The rumors are pretty strong that the IP5 will be out this summer. IMO I don't think there will be that much of an overhaul to the phone. I have the Verizon IP4 and I am not up for upgrade until October of 2012. By then Apple with have a totally redesigned Iphone that I will be able to purchase at the cheap price.

wchsxc

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I think you're right also iphoneIA. I doubt the IP5 will be a complete redesign, more than likely just a 3GS type iPhone 4. However, Apple HAS to keep up with Android and WP7 (not to mention the long fabled and I'm pissed off it actually is happening after I've used my upgrade, BlackBerry Dakota/Montana). Apple doesn't have the tech advantage right now, in my opinion, so there is still the possibility IP5 may be a big leap forward.