Does an app exist that will automatically turn wifi off after a certain amount of time with no signal? Turning it back on when it picks up a signal would be great too. I know there was an app or two that did this for blackberry.

Thanks.
    02-23-2011 02:24 AM
    That would be a good one!!
    02-23-2011 12:00 PM
    Without jailbreaking there is not a way to do this since Apps cannot change settings.

When the iPhone is asleep it turns off the wifi radio to save battery. You can also set "automatically join networks" off to keep it from searching for networks all the time. This way it will only join networks you have told it to join automatically when you are in range and it won't just be search constantly while wifi is turned on.
    02-23-2011 12:20 PM
    When the iPhone is asleep it turns off the wifi radio to save battery. You can also set "automatically join networks" off to keep it from searching for networks all the time. This way it will only join networks you have told it to join automatically when you are in range and it won't just be search constantly while wifi is turned on.
    That's pretty much exactly what I want. Thank you.

Next question: Is there a way for it to automatically login to a wifi account? It asks me to login repeatedly throughout the day (probably from turning the radio off when it sleeps).
    Last edited by TiNuts; 02-23-2011 at 04:12 PM.
    02-23-2011 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD