Where to Buy the Iphone 4?

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
A lot of times if you get the right rep at Verizon and your beyond 20 months of your contract, they will let you upgrade now! Or if your on a family plan you get one last and final annual upgrade if your the primary line..

I actually find Verizon phone reps the most lenient! They ship fast!

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
My contract ends March 14th so I'm in the same boat as you. I've called VZW multiple times asking if I can upgrade a little earlier and everyone told me no, and that I should ask a store manager. So I did this yesterday and today (2 different VZW stores) and they both told me that they aren't allowed to have anyone upgrade early to the iPhone 4... so I told them I've seen many people upgrade earlier (tiPb) and they still said no and that I have to wait until March 14. :mad: So here I am, counting down the days until I can lay my hands on the iPhone 4.

Yeah same here. I've called multiple stores, i've called customer service a few times, and everytime they either said that they dont allow you to upgrade early, or they'll let you upgrade early for every phone BUT the iPhone... Even today i called and asked if i can upgrade early and the rep said march 17th i can upgrade and i asked if i can upgrade early and the rep gave me attitude and told me that he gave me the answer and i can upgrade march 17th.

Heather_S

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Don't do that. Most of the time, the rep will call your bluff and transfer you to loyalty. The loyalty department will just prepare to cancel your lines. They might throw a small credit first.

Be polite. Be calm. But remember, every time you call, the rep is writing detailed notes about what you wanted and how they said no. Good luck!

We were quite cordial to them. And explained that we were going to be re-upping a new contract and that if we were willing to commit another 2 years to them that we though by-passing a couple of weeks was the least they could do.

We were NEVER transferred to the loyalty dept. The head rep came on and asked us to explain our prob, at which time she said that they would go ahead and do it for us. Two days later "Bazinga" We had our phones in hand.

Just the mention of wanting the ip4 bad enough to switch carriers (although we would much rather stay with the carrier we've been with for years) we would be willing to consider it to get the phones.

All was handled civilly and without an iota of rudeness or Unpleasantry on either part.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I thought my (unfortunately last) annual upgrade was March 15th and it's actually April 15th. If I called into Verizon, do you think they'd move my upgrade date up a month? I've been doing my research and I really want to get an iPhone now!

Heather_S

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I thought my (unfortunately last) annual upgrade was March 15th and it's actually April 15th. If I called into Verizon, do you think they'd move my upgrade date up a month? I've been doing my research and I really want to get an iPhone now!

While we didn't have quite THAT long, what harm can come of a phone call to ask?;)

You may get lucky and speak to the two ladies we dealt with (angels really) they were amazing proficient:D

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Oh man! i thought that i had to wait a long time (March 17th) but i would hate waiting all the way till April 15th, honestly at that point you should wait for the iPhone 5.

gatorfan79

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
If they'll let you upgrade early for any phone but an iphone... get a droid, take it back the next day and exchange it for an iphone? you have a 14 day return period (it might actually be 30, not sure) and once the contract is signed, you're all set.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If they'll let you upgrade early for any phone but an iphone... get a droid, take it back the next day and exchange it for an iphone? you have a 14 day return period (it might actually be 30, not sure) and once the contract is signed, you're all set.

In my opinion, that's not a risk that I am willing to take. It is a very good idea, but a gamble. What if for some reason they don't let me switch to the iPhone for whatever reason. I think i'll keep trying my luck calling customer service and if that doesn't work, wait it out till March 17th. I'm counting down the days!

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Just called Verizon and got my upgrade moved a week earlier! Hey, it's better than nothing, so instead of the 17th now i can get it on the 10th =] I told them my enV touch is falling apart, which is true, and i want to get the iPhone. only down part is that i pretty much have to get the phone at Verizon and not at Apple. . . Do you still get all the same stuff at Verizon that you would at the Apple store?

Martog

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Just called Verizon and got my upgrade moved a week earlier! Hey, it's better than nothing, so instead of the 17th now i can get it on the 10th =] I told them my enV touch is falling apart, which is true, and i want to get the iPhone. only down part is that i pretty much have to get the phone at Verizon and not at Apple. . . Do you still get all the same stuff at Verizon that you would at the Apple store?

It's the exact same thing in the box. Just buying it from different store really, would be the same if you got it from Best Buy or Wal-mart.

Heather_S

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah but then that's an extra 2 days i have to wait lol. I'll try to pick the least greasy-hair or face person there lol.

LOL, ok luv, we didn't mind. They sent it two day shipping. But i can understand your excitement:D

And good luck finding a squeaky clean bloke at the phone store;)

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I would go to my Apple store, but i got my upgrade moved a week earlier and the date isn't actually changed, but in my account there are notes saying that i can get it on the 10th instead of the 17th. SO i asked if i can still go to the Apple store to buy an iPhone and they told me i could, but then they gotta call Verizon and then Verizon has got to call Customer Service, and then they have to call an internal line and it'd be a lot easier f i just went to the Verizon store and go it there. Now do you think that the iPhones at the Verizon store are any worse than the ones at the apple store? lol i doubt it. Just the fact that they open and activate it.

Heather_S

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I would go to my Apple store, but i got my upgrade moved a week earlier and the date isn't actually changed, but in my account there are notes saying that i can get it on the 10th instead of the 17th. SO i asked if i can still go to the Apple store to buy an iPhone and they told me i could, but then they gotta call Verizon and then Verizon has got to call Customer Service, and then they have to call an internal line and it'd be a lot easier f i just went to the Verizon store and go it there. Now do you think that the iPhones at the Verizon store are any worse than the ones at the apple store? lol i doubt it. Just the fact that they open and activate it.

Same phone, same everything. Except someone besides you gets to be the first to muck up the beautiful glass on your new baby..:(

Heather_S

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I know, I know. And that's REALLY gonna bother me! i'm gonna be staring down this guy down!

I can see it now..

You standing there while some pimply face kid put his greasy burger and fries down and rips into your new babies packaging all ninja assassin style..:eek:
As a tumble weeds blow through the store... And you giving him the stink eye as burger grease oozes down the face of your baby, heading slowly towards the power button as capt zip shovels a few more fries into his gob, before spitting all over the front as he makes your test call...

That's it... You snap and whip your hand around and snag your helpless baby from his dripping hands because you just cant take anymore...

While off in the distance a coyote howls and you here the theme music from Good Bad and the Ugly..

Paint a bleak enough picture?

Order it online and wait the 2 days:D

Reactions: moneymike47

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh