A friend of mine has an issue with her re-curring daily alarm going off loudly even when the phone's silent switch is engaged? Is there any way to keep the daily alarm set, but have the ability to only have it vibrate if its in silent mode? Thanks.
    02-22-2011 07:13 PM
    When the phone is on silent you can still adjust the "ringer" volume. That should control the volume of the alarm tone. It shouldn't turn the ringer back on for calls, texts or emails as long as the mute switch is on. It will only change the alarm volume. If she sets the alarm, turns on the mute switch and then turns the "ringer" volume all the way down might work for her.
    02-22-2011 07:23 PM
    I dont think you can set the alarm to be silent. Its designed to always be useful, as in, you dont want to accidentally miss i because you left it in silent. I have a third party app called 'Due' that is very good for recurring reminders and it will only vibrate in silent. Highly recommend!
    02-23-2011 06:57 AM
    Yeah I don't think you can silence the alarm. Try using your iCal app. If you set up a new event and set an alert it will vibrate when your phones set to silent
    02-24-2011 02:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD