Verizon Iphone Bad ESN

Status
Not open for further replies.

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
You have to call Verizon and verify the ESN. If it is lost, or stolen, you will not be able to add it to your line.

I would be very cautious about how you approach that phone, to be honest.

Johnny-5

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
If this is a ATT iPhone no you can not add it to Verizon. And vice versa with VZ and ATT. As stated by anaphora68 if it was lost than it was most likely to be reported. Also becareful because iPhones have a GPS tracking device in them where they can technically locate the phone. I believe it has to be activated not sure.

cmpdblue

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
A bad ESN on a Verizon phone that has only been out a couple of weeks is almost guaranteed to be stolen. Lost is being a bit optimistic lol As previously mentioned, you might want to carefully consider trying to activate that phone - as you might wind up in the middle of something you might wish you hadn't....

Just my opinion...

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't touch it seeing how if you try and activate it you can face big penalties. But im sure you knew that unless you stole it from someone thinking you could activate it

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Do the honorable thing and call Verizon and tell them you found an iPhone. They can see which customer the ESN is linked to. There's nothing you can do with the phone anyway if it's a bad esn.

Reactions: BlackBerryBiker

Scout_313

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Just like others have said, you should either turn the phone in or try to call one of the contacts in the phone so that you can help the person get their phone back. They may offer you a reward for its return, but even if they don't, you should do the right thing. Karma's a.....

rshackleford

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Found it at Walmart parking lot a week or so ago. I have left my contact info with customer service and have heard nothing back. The phone must be brand new because there are no contacts.

I assume an insurance claim has been filed on it in whic case it doesn't do the old owner any good either.

I did not consider calling 611 again because i assumed an insurance claim had already been filed.

So with no response at walmart and my assumptions on insurance i thought i could activate.

I found the phone i am not at all concerned about a theft charge.

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Found it at Walmart parking lot a week or so ago. I have left my contact info with customer service and have heard nothing back. The phone must be brand new because there are no contacts.

I assume an insurance claim has been filed on it in whic case it doesn't do the old owner any good either.

I did not consider calling 611 again because i assumed an insurance claim had already been filed.

So with no response at walmart and my assumptions on insurance i thought i could activate.

You did not pay for the phone. Someone else paid for it and owns it and could have reported it stolen. Your assumption about insurance may be incorrect. So you can very easily do the right thing and return it or you are stuck with a worthless brick. Seems pretty simple.

Reactions: shipwrestler125

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

You can say you found it but if the person who lost it comes back looking and they see you used it that is like stealing and you will be in deep **** whether you say you found it or not.

rshackleford

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
as i stated i found it in the walmart parking lot.

i returned to the customer service and reported it found there. i left my contact information.

i can't image anywhere else in which i should have reported it.

yes it is a useless brick. now that no one has claimed i was hoping there was some sort of reprogram or hack i could do to get a good esn on it.

rshackleford

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
You can say you found it but if the person who lost it comes back looking and they see you used it that is like stealing and you will be in deep **** whether you say you found it or not.

that will be the day. the law can't punish the real crooks are they really going to punish honest people. i don't think so. well, maybe that's exactly what they would do.

rshackleford

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
i guess what it sounds like to me is i have an $800 brick. i will keep it in my junk drawer for a while in hopes that the walmart people call soon. then maybe in august i will throw it in the trash. i can see that this is probably the best option.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
i guess what it sounds like to me is i have an $800 brick. i will keep it in my junk drawer for a while in hopes that the walmart people call soon. then maybe in august i will throw it in the trash. i can see that this is probably the best option.

Or perhaps you could do due diligence or simply dispose of the lost item properly by bringing it into a police station.

That's what any responsible adult would do, er, law abiding citizen.

Maybe someone else could or has already chimed in here, but by holding the phone, you could be criminally liable by holding lost goods, or one could construe it as possessing stolen goods.

Turn it into a police station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh