So my battery was 100% at 830 it is now 10 am I have done some texting an played one game otherwise nothing else is open and my battery is now 89% is that normal? I feel like it looses battery so fast and I don't know if I should take it to apple
    02-22-2011 10:02 AM
    ehh...depends on what you have been doing on it..do u have blutooth on? is your screen brightness all the way up? do you have an iphone 4 or 3GS. i have the iphone 4 and i use my phone a lot! the battery lasts me a full day no problem...at the end of the day im usually at like 15%, but thats expected when you are using the phone a lot.
    02-22-2011 10:06 AM
    I have the brightness a little less than half Bluetooth is not on nd nothing else is running. Have Verizon iPhone 4
    02-22-2011 10:10 AM
    okay...89% is too early to tell..see if it will last a full day with you using the phone. if you have to charge it mid-day when the battery is litterally at 5%, then you have a problem. If your like me and your at 20% at the end of the day than your good! I always tell people, if the battery lasts you a full day then it has did it's job, because generally people charge their phone every night anyway, especially for smartphones.
    02-22-2011 10:15 AM
    Ok thank u!
    02-22-2011 10:20 AM
    I turned my % off because I always found myself asking the same question you are. I'm used to a phone with just five battery bars and it would take a while for it to budge. 89% would have still read full on my old phone.
    02-23-2011 12:48 AM
    I turned my % off because I always found myself asking the same question you are. I'm used to a phone with just five battery bars and it would take a while for it to budge. 89% would have still read full on my old phone.
    I agree. Something about the *exact* level made me anxious that something was wrong because I was always watching it. Turning off % made it feel like the battery lasts longer.
    02-23-2011 07:09 AM
    This sounds normal to me, Im on my second i4, and they both discharged at about that rate with moderate usage.
    02-23-2011 07:24 AM
    If your iPhone is brand new give it at least 2 weeks of a few charge cycles for the battery to build up to full strength. Remember you have a full year to get it exchanged, no need to rush.
    02-23-2011 09:17 AM
    If your iPhone is brand new give it at least 2 weeks of a few charge cycles for the battery to build up to full strength. Remember you have a full year to get it exchanged, no need to rush.
    very good point. in fact, i have an intermittent issue with my home button not working correctly.. i will most definitely be taking it in for an exchange before my year expires

although i don't know if i could go that long with a battery issue
    02-23-2011 09:50 AM
    The sad thing is there is no clear answer. Wait a week or so and let the battery fully deplete and then recharge each time. If you are still concerned then you could go to Apple and replace it. Strickly preference.
    02-23-2011 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD