Is there any way to turn off your notifications/email alerts from dinging during night hours? I know I can manually set the notifications switch to off every night but there must be a better way. Also, I have thought about switching the phone to vibrate but then I don't think I can use my alarm because the music would not play.

Thanks!
    02-22-2011 09:55 AM
    Change each notification is the only way I know.
    02-22-2011 10:04 AM
    Change each notification is the only way I know.
    What do you mean by "Change each notification"? I looked for a place, like you see in the Facebook notification settings, to only have e-mail notifications turned on between certain times but did not see where I can do that.
    02-22-2011 10:08 AM
    settings>sounds>then choose each on to be on or off.
    02-22-2011 10:13 AM
    Jailbreak. App called MyProfiles. Awesome.
    02-22-2011 10:24 AM
    Agreed. Great app!
    02-22-2011 11:20 AM
    Is there any way to turn off your notifications/email alerts from dinging during night hours? I know I can manually set the notifications switch to off every night but there must be a better way. Also, I have thought about switching the phone to vibrate but then I don't think I can use my alarm because the music would not play.

Thanks!
    You can turn your phone to vibrate only and the alarm will still play, no worries
    02-22-2011 11:25 AM
    probably not the right place for this questions, but can you unjailbreak a phone and return it to factory, and are you guys happy you jailbroke?

I miss the profile features from my BB and I noticed before you mentioned missing bedside mode. Really the only short coming I have with the phone thus far.
    02-22-2011 11:45 AM
    +1 on MyProfiles

MyProfiles is the reason why I jailbroke my ViP. It's a PAID app, but worth it IMO. It allows you to set different environments (Work, Car, Home, Sleep) based on a set of rules based on your GPS location and/or time of day. For instance, when I get to work, my phone automatically switches to silence everything except for my phone calls and connect to my work wi-fi. When I leave work it automatically turns everything on, and at full volume.

MyProfiles doesn't always work as it should, but it does allow you to switch between profiles with two clicks. Also it's a little cumbersome to set up and takes some trial and error to get it right.
    02-22-2011 12:55 PM
    You can turn your phone to vibrate only and the alarm will still play, no worries
    Agreed, just mute the phone on the side and your alarm will still go off at whatever time you have it set for.

That's what I do.
    TXAMBB likes this.
    02-22-2011 01:00 PM
    Great app in theory but a few of us are having issues with it (profiles and silence settings not working).
    02-22-2011 01:04 PM
    probably not the right place for this questions, but can you unjailbreak a phone and return it to factory, and are you guys happy you jailbroke?
    Yes and Yes.

I miss the profile features from my BB and I noticed before you mentioned missing bedside mode. Really the only short coming I have with the phone thus far.
    I no longer miss the profile features on my BB thanks to jailbreak & MyProfiles.
    02-22-2011 01:04 PM
    Great app in theory but a few of us are having issues with it (profiles and silence settings not working).
    Yeah I have some issues where the settings don't always stick or somehow change so I have to manually change it.

Just in case you weren't aware: The profile chosen is dictated by starting at the top of the list of profiles and choosing the first profile that meets the requirements set (time/GPS etc). That's why "low battery" is at the top since the developers felt that should take priority over all other profiles. Maybe adjust or recreate your profiles might help and go through (write it down if you have to) all the rules for each profile so you can understand why your phone is choosing a different profile than the one you intended.
    02-22-2011 01:21 PM
    I just got my profiles and it dont work on my vzw iPhone software 4.2.6 greenpoisi0n latest build.
    02-22-2011 01:32 PM
    How does it not work? I have 4.2.6 greenpoison and MyProfiles works just fine.
    02-22-2011 01:40 PM
    Agreed, just mute the phone on the side and your alarm will still go off at whatever time you have it set for.

That's what I do.
    Is the alarm just an event on the calendar? I have not played with that yet.
    02-22-2011 02:18 PM
    Never mind, I found it.
    02-22-2011 02:23 PM
    I just use the mute switch at night. You could also just put it into airplane mode.
    02-22-2011 06:27 PM
    I just use the mute switch at night. You could also just put it into airplane mode.
    Airplane mode would be kind of pointless using, except for the alarm to wake you up, because I'm assuming most people want to be able to receive important phone calls (work, emergency, family, booty calls) but have email notifications and maybe SMS turned off.
    02-22-2011 06:57 PM
    Mute wont let calls through though..
    02-23-2011 12:04 PM
    Myprofiles does not exist....
    02-10-2014 02:53 PM
    Myprofiles does not exist....
    Please know that the thread you replied to is almost a full 3 years old.
    02-10-2014 02:57 PM
    Would airplane mode work?
    01-30-2015 12:43 PM
    Would airplane mode work?
    yes... but would prevent anything from getting to your phone... again - note the last post prior to yours in the thread is nearly a year ago....
    01-30-2015 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD