Push Notifications

markied85

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Here's my story. iPhone 3GS on AT&T. left AT&T and purchased an iPod touch, which i restored from my iPhone backup so all my apps, etc would be there. Just got the VZ iPhone 4 and i restored from my iPod touch backup so, again, my apps and settings and everything would be there.

Now, unfortunately, i do not receive push notifications from apps that i had installed on my ipod. I remember reading something about the Push Notification Service using some kind of "token" identifier when sending a push notification, and i believe the service still has my ipod touch token. I was able to delete, reinstall and disable then reenable push notifications for certain apps to get the pushes to come back, but i still miss a lot of notifications i used to get on my ipod.

Short form: What is the method for resetting that "token" that the push notif service has to ensure my current phone is getting the pushes.

I know I've read about this before, and i couldn't find anything in a forum/google search because i dont really know how to word it concisely.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It's a common to have problems with push notifications when restoring backups from previous devices.
I suffered the same problem once and I just had to restore the device as new without using an older
backup. It sucked, but it solved the PUSH problems.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2