AM Radio Station App

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know of an app that will allow for streaming of AM stations? I am particularly looking to listen to WFAN 660. There are many apps out there like iheartradio and such. Thanks

hugecanoli

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know of an app that will allow for streaming of AM stations? I am particularly looking to listen to WFAN 660. There are many apps out there like iheartradio and such. Thanks

I listen to WFAN and 1050 ESPN all the time in NJ, and was looking for an app to do so on my phone. I found the perfect app for it, and it's well worth the .99 cents.

TuneIn Radio for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Not only does it do AM & FM, but it does National & International stations. (I'm a Seahawks fan so I can listen to Seattle sports talk radio and I also listen to some Italian music radio stations) but also some police scanners.

Very good app for the money...highly recommended.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I enjoy Spark Radio. At the time I purchased it, the cost was $1.99 but it was the only app that allowed multitasking for the stations I listen to so it was a no brainer for me.

It's also a universal app so you get a great version for your iPad if you own one included in that $1.99 price.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys!! I have no problems paying for an app but I am concerned that these apps will behave like the the streaming AM player of the particular radio station I wanna listen too. WFAN.com will allow you stream the AM station but once the METS game (which is what I want the app to listen to) comes on the live streaming cuts to some other program, the METS game is not licensed to be streamed over the website but my .25 cent am radio from the 99cent store can play the METS game.

Last edited:

drew1964

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
i use the tunein radio app at work an love it. It can also record certain stations. Find it fun listening to different worldwide radio

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Thanks guys!! I have no problems paying for an app but I am concerned that these apps will behave like the the streaming AM player of the particular radio station I wanna listen too. WFAN.com will allow you stream the AM station but once the METS game (which is what I want the app to listen to) comes on the live streaming cuts to some other program, the METS game is not licensed to be streamed over the website but my .25 cent am radio from the 99cent store can play the METS game.

The spark radio app I mentioned above does stream WFAN. I have no idea if it will stream Mets game since I have never tried. I do know that on occasion I have been able to hear Red Sox games by streaming WEEI on the spark radio app. It's not always just sometimes with no real rhyme or reason.

If you want to be able to stream Mets game (or any other MLB game for that matter) I recommend purchasing the MLB app. It cost $14.99 and it allows you to stream any and all games for that year plus other MLB related items. Unfortunately you will have to repurchase it again next year to continue streaming the games.

DoctorK

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
TuneIn Radio streams WFAN. If the Mets are on that station, you'll be able to listen to the game.

No, actually they'll be blacked out due to MLB retransmission rules. You will be able to hear pre-game and post-game, but you'll hear alternate programming on WFAN during the actual game.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
No, actually they'll be blacked out due to MLB retransmission rules. You will be able to hear pre-game and post-game, but you'll hear alternate programming on WFAN during the actual game.

that's what I was afraid of, when you stream off WFAN website they blackout the actual game, my 5G Nano has FM but no AM, back to the drawing board

anon4705193

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I think you may have to get something like MLB at Bat (to hear the Gameday Audio) to be able to listen to the Mets out of home (and away from terrestrial radio). But to listen to WFAN otherwise, definitely say TuneIn (and if it was owned by Clear Channel, then iheart)

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I got the Tunein app for now and will see if the games are broadcasted on the app, if not then I will have to explore other options. Will hope that tomorrows first spring training game will be my test so I can sort this out now and not have to scramble when the season starts. Thanks for all the input guys

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR