Just wondering if there is anyone (like me) that is looking at these forums debating whether to get the current iPhone or wait until summer for the rumored 5th iPhone.

I have a Droid Incredible which I love, but the battery sucks. I think I'm going to get the iP4 for my birthday (aka free - moms upgrade) then just put the sale money of the incredible and iP4 towards the 5th.

For all those on here who already have the iP4, think you're going to make the switch to the iP5?
    02-20-2011 08:40 PM
    No. I am going to skip iPhone 5 and jump to 6. I will be out of my contract and then be able to shop which carrier I want.
    02-20-2011 08:45 PM
    That makes sense. I can't hold out that long haha I get a new phone probably every 6 months because there's always something better. I've always wanted the iPhone so i'm just debating whether to get this one or just hold out for the 5.
    02-20-2011 08:46 PM
    I originally was going to hold out for new iphone release this summer too.

so glad I changed my mind I never knew how good this phone was get the new one this summer why for me I already have the best.

only my opinion
    02-20-2011 08:49 PM
    I really don't think you are going to see many changes with the next iphone. I don't think it will be LTE, and I don't suspect any major design changes. There may be some internal changes, but I don't think they will be big enough to make me have to upgrade. There may also be some software changes, but those updates may become available to current iphone users. I think the biggest change may be Apple making one phone that can work on both networks. If it's anything major than I have another upgrade I can use.
    02-20-2011 08:56 PM
    That's good thinking. I think i'm going to get the 4 in a few weeks because well, we don't know. It's all just rumors but I believe you when you talk about there not being significant changes. If it's worth it, i'll upgrade, but if not, then i will continue to enjoy the 4.
    02-20-2011 09:17 PM
    Just wondering if there is anyone (like me) that is looking at these forums debating whether to get the current iPhone or wait until summer for the rumored 5th iPhone.

I have a Droid Incredible which I love, but the battery sucks. I think I'm going to get the iP4 for my birthday (aka free - moms upgrade) then just put the sale money of the incredible and iP4 towards the 5th.

For all those on here who already have the iP4, think you're going to make the switch to the iP5?
    I'm waiting. I have a Original Droid which was fine until Froyo, now it's laggy.
    02-20-2011 09:28 PM
    Yeah, everyone wanted Froyo so bad then it screwed a lot of people up. I wish there was some hard facts about the iP5 so it would help me make my decision easier.
    02-20-2011 09:37 PM

I didn't wait for the iPhone 5 for a couple reasons... 1 I have been waiting long enough, and dont want to wait any longer then I have to. 2 we don't know for sure the viP will be on the same refresh cycle as the gsm version. I would be pissed if I waited then it didn't come out until next year anyway. And if it a good enough improvement I'll upgrade to the 5 anyway. I buy phones so much I am used to paying retail, and that doesn't bother me.
    02-20-2011 10:00 PM
    That makes sense. I can't hold out that long haha I get a new phone probably every 6 months because there's always something better. I've always wanted the iPhone so i'm just debating whether to get this one or just hold out for the 5.

If i got a phone every 6 months, I wouldn't wait. Might be that long until the 5 shows up anyhow. No sense waiting, there will always be a "next thing".
    02-20-2011 10:02 PM
    I agree with you two. Thanks for the input. If i'm not paying anything for the 4, why not? I'll sell the Incredible for ~200, and the iP4 for probably ~350+, plus i'm sure Vzw will offer current iphone customers a discount to upgrade, so that should cover the costs.
    02-20-2011 10:05 PM
    I agree with you two. Thanks for the input. If i'm not paying anything for the 4, why not? I'll sell the Incredible for ~200, and the iP4 for probably ~350+, plus i'm sure Vzw will offer current iphone customers a discount to upgrade, so that should cover the costs.
    +1. As AT&T has done in the past, I'm sure Verizon will offer some sort of incentive to we early adapters (at least early for VZW) who just bought the ViP4 IF and WHEN the ViP5 comes out.....

As an added note, I am exactly 7 days into my 14-day trial period for the ViP4, coming from a Droid Incredible. I am still on the fence, am going to keep putting it through its paces right up until Day 13.
    02-21-2011 06:42 AM
    I got the IP4, but "saved" an upgrade on my account just in case the IP5 comes out this summer. Like others have already said, I'll wait to see what changes in the IP5 to decide whether it's worth the upgrade. Most likely though, I will grab the IP5 - if it's even available to big red when it's released this summer. But for now, I'm a happy customer :-)
    02-21-2011 09:04 AM
    +1. As AT&T has done in the past, I'm sure Verizon will offer some sort of incentive to we early adapters (at least early for VZW) who just bought the ViP4 IF and WHEN the ViP5 comes out.....

As an added note, I am exactly 7 days into my 14-day trial period for the ViP4, coming from a Droid Incredible. I am still on the fence, am going to keep putting it through its paces right up until Day 13.
    I'd love to hear a review from you! I love my incredible and am scared I'll miss the widgets/personalization (though i'm sure I can live without it with the iPhone) Anything you notice so far that the Inc is better at? (Besides the camera) Or anything that the iP4 does better? I was looking to talk to someone like you haha.

Cmp, I agree. I'll get the ip4 in a few weeks and that way if the iP5 comes out and it's no big deal (i know i'll want to upgrade no matter what haha) then i will have loved my ip4 for months beforehand.
    02-21-2011 10:23 AM
    I'd love to hear a review from you! I love my incredible and am scared I'll miss the widgets/personalization (though i'm sure I can live without it with the iPhone) Anything you notice so far that the Inc is better at? (Besides the camera) Or anything that the iP4 does better? I was looking to talk to someone like you haha.

Cmp, I agree. I'll get the ip4 in a few weeks and that way if the iP5 comes out and it's no big deal (i know i'll want to upgrade no matter what haha) then i will have loved my ip4 for months beforehand.
    Well the notification system is better on the Incredible than the iPhone, but if you JB it (which is a piece of cake) it is almost as good. Camera?? Incredible isn't as good as iPhone. Video?? Not in the same stratosphere as iPhone. I loved my Incredible, don't get me wrong. But it just isn't an iPhone. My homescreen actually looks like an HTC though lol
    02-21-2011 11:18 AM
    I loved the home screen on the Inc! That clock with the weather is too good lol. But how is the iPhone camera better? Inc is 8mp and the iPhone is 5? I've rooted my droid so jailbreaking shouldn't be that hard for me. So you don't regret switching then?
    02-21-2011 11:23 AM
    Its all in the lens. Don't let 8 vs. 5 fool you. iPhone 4 is quite possibly the best camera phone in the world. Only the 12MP Nokia N8 rivals it. And in no way to I ever regret leaving my Incredible. Jailbreaking is easier than rooting. I rooted all my Android devices.
    02-21-2011 11:39 AM
    I loved the home screen on the Inc! That clock with the weather is too good lol. But how is the iPhone camera better? Inc is 8mp and the iPhone is 5? I've rooted my droid so jailbreaking shouldn't be that hard for me. So you don't regret switching then?
    The camera on the iPhone for is by far the best I have ever seen on a phone. It blows the camera on my droid x out of the water.
    02-21-2011 11:43 AM
    Oh that's crazy I've never thought about that. I thought it was just a game of which has a higher megapixel but cool! Making my decision easier haha
    02-21-2011 11:53 AM
    I am waiting for a 4g iphone and by that time will be able to decide if i want to stick with iphone or go with another phone. For now I will stick with iphone 4. I have an upgrade in july but most likely wont use it until around christmas if any super phone is out then
    02-21-2011 01:15 PM
    Well I went to Verizon and couldn't resist, I got the iPhone4!

I love it!
    02-21-2011 04:05 PM

I love it!
    Congrats! Now download greenpoison and jailbreak it. You will love it even more.
    02-21-2011 04:59 PM
    I don't even know what i'm doing right now so give me a week haha
    02-21-2011 06:06 PM

I love it!
    I've had a lot of different blackberry devices and a couple of android devices. The iPhone 4 blows ALL of them out of the water!
    I do miss the notifications that blackberry has, but everything else makes up for that
    The camera is nothing short of spectacular. The previous poster was right when he said don't let the MP fool ya. I couldn't believe the difference. And while I'm on a roll, typing on the iPhone vs. Other touch screen devices is SO much easier.
    I hope you enjoy yours as much as I am mine...
    02-21-2011 07:16 PM
    I love it so far! The battery seems amazing already. I miss the widgets though, but i'll get over it. I need to figure out how to do everything else on it. Know the easiest way to add contact pictures?

I'll eventually jailbreak to add more options.
    02-21-2011 07:29 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD