Anyone waiting until the iPhone5?

brianhenny

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if there is anyone (like me) that is looking at these forums debating whether to get the current iPhone or wait until summer for the rumored 5th iPhone.

I have a Droid Incredible which I love, but the battery sucks. I think I'm going to get the iP4 for my birthday (aka free - moms upgrade) then just put the sale money of the incredible and iP4 towards the 5th.

For all those on here who already have the iP4, think you're going to make the switch to the iP5?

brianhenny

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
That makes sense. I can't hold out that long haha I get a new phone probably every 6 months because there's always something better. I've always wanted the iPhone so i'm just debating whether to get this one or just hold out for the 5.

crazy4cell

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I originally was going to hold out for new iphone release this summer too.

so glad I changed my mind I never knew how good this phone was get the new one this summer why for me I already have the best.

only my opinion

jared

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I really don't think you are going to see many changes with the next iphone. I don't think it will be LTE, and I don't suspect any major design changes. There may be some internal changes, but I don't think they will be big enough to make me have to upgrade. There may also be some software changes, but those updates may become available to current iphone users. I think the biggest change may be Apple making one phone that can work on both networks. If it's anything major than I have another upgrade I can use.

brianhenny

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
That's good thinking. I think i'm going to get the 4 in a few weeks because well, we don't know. It's all just rumors but I believe you when you talk about there not being significant changes. If it's worth it, i'll upgrade, but if not, then i will continue to enjoy the 4.

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Just wondering if there is anyone (like me) that is looking at these forums debating whether to get the current iPhone or wait until summer for the rumored 5th iPhone.

I have a Droid Incredible which I love, but the battery sucks. I think I'm going to get the iP4 for my birthday (aka free - moms upgrade) then just put the sale money of the incredible and iP4 towards the 5th.

For all those on here who already have the iP4, think you're going to make the switch to the iP5?

I'm waiting. I have a Original Droid which was fine until Froyo, now it's laggy.

brianhenny

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, everyone wanted Froyo so bad then it screwed a lot of people up. I wish there was some hard facts about the iP5 so it would help me make my decision easier.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

I didn't wait for the iPhone 5 for a couple reasons... 1 I have been waiting long enough, and dont want to wait any longer then I have to. 2 we don't know for sure the viP will be on the same refresh cycle as the gsm version. I would be pissed if I waited then it didn't come out until next year anyway. And if it a good enough improvement I'll upgrade to the 5 anyway. I buy phones so much I am used to paying retail, and that doesn't bother me.

nitsuj

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
That makes sense. I can't hold out that long haha I get a new phone probably every 6 months because there's always something better. I've always wanted the iPhone so i'm just debating whether to get this one or just hold out for the 5.

If i got a phone every 6 months, I wouldn't wait. Might be that long until the 5 shows up anyhow. No sense waiting, there will always be a "next thing".

brianhenny

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you two. Thanks for the input. If i'm not paying anything for the 4, why not? I'll sell the Incredible for ~200, and the iP4 for probably ~350+, plus i'm sure Vzw will offer current iphone customers a discount to upgrade, so that should cover the costs.

tourstagefan

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you two. Thanks for the input. If i'm not paying anything for the 4, why not? I'll sell the Incredible for ~200, and the iP4 for probably ~350+, plus i'm sure Vzw will offer current iphone customers a discount to upgrade, so that should cover the costs.

+1. As AT&T has done in the past, I'm sure Verizon will offer some sort of incentive to we early adapters (at least early for VZW) who just bought the ViP4 IF and WHEN the ViP5 comes out.....

As an added note, I am exactly 7 days into my 14-day trial period for the ViP4, coming from a Droid Incredible. I am still on the fence, am going to keep putting it through its paces right up until Day 13.

cmpdblue

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I got the IP4, but "saved" an upgrade on my account just in case the IP5 comes out this summer. Like others have already said, I'll wait to see what changes in the IP5 to decide whether it's worth the upgrade. Most likely though, I will grab the IP5 - if it's even available to big red when it's released this summer. But for now, I'm a happy customer :)

brianhenny

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
+1. As AT&T has done in the past, I'm sure Verizon will offer some sort of incentive to we early adapters (at least early for VZW) who just bought the ViP4 IF and WHEN the ViP5 comes out.....

As an added note, I am exactly 7 days into my 14-day trial period for the ViP4, coming from a Droid Incredible. I am still on the fence, am going to keep putting it through its paces right up until Day 13.

I'd love to hear a review from you! I love my incredible and am scared I'll miss the widgets/personalization (though i'm sure I can live without it with the iPhone) Anything you notice so far that the Inc is better at? (Besides the camera) Or anything that the iP4 does better? I was looking to talk to someone like you haha.

Cmp, I agree. I'll get the ip4 in a few weeks and that way if the iP5 comes out and it's no big deal (i know i'll want to upgrade no matter what haha) then i will have loved my ip4 for months beforehand.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I'd love to hear a review from you! I love my incredible and am scared I'll miss the widgets/personalization (though i'm sure I can live without it with the iPhone) Anything you notice so far that the Inc is better at? (Besides the camera) Or anything that the iP4 does better? I was looking to talk to someone like you haha.

Cmp, I agree. I'll get the ip4 in a few weeks and that way if the iP5 comes out and it's no big deal (i know i'll want to upgrade no matter what haha) then i will have loved my ip4 for months beforehand.

Well the notification system is better on the Incredible than the iPhone, but if you JB it (which is a piece of cake) it is almost as good. Camera?? Incredible isn't as good as iPhone. Video?? Not in the same stratosphere as iPhone. I loved my Incredible, don't get me wrong. But it just isn't an iPhone. My homescreen actually looks like an HTC though lol

brianhenny

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I loved the home screen on the Inc! That clock with the weather is too good lol. But how is the iPhone camera better? Inc is 8mp and the iPhone is 5? I've rooted my droid so jailbreaking shouldn't be that hard for me. So you don't regret switching then?

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Its all in the lens. Don't let 8 vs. 5 fool you. iPhone 4 is quite possibly the best camera phone in the world. Only the 12MP Nokia N8 rivals it. And in no way to I ever regret leaving my Incredible. Jailbreaking is easier than rooting. I rooted all my Android devices.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I loved the home screen on the Inc! That clock with the weather is too good lol. But how is the iPhone camera better? Inc is 8mp and the iPhone is 5? I've rooted my droid so jailbreaking shouldn't be that hard for me. So you don't regret switching then?

The camera on the iPhone for is by far the best I have ever seen on a phone. It blows the camera on my droid x out of the water.

brianhenny

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Oh that's crazy I've never thought about that. I thought it was just a game of which has a higher megapixel but cool! Making my decision easier haha

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am waiting for a 4g iphone and by that time will be able to decide if i want to stick with iphone or go with another phone. For now I will stick with iphone 4. I have an upgrade in july but most likely wont use it until around christmas if any super phone is out then

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW