I was given a iPhone from a friend that is currently in recovery mode...On the back of it, it just says iPhone and under that 16gb so I am lead to believe its not even a 3g BUT I still wanted to pull it out of recovery mode without having to install the latest software. My friend said it has been a while since he updated it so I am sure it can be unlocked once I get it out.

Any ideas?
    02-19-2011 11:34 PM
    Does it have an aluminum back? if not and it's white or black then it's either a 3G or 3Gs. What happens if you reboot the phone? hold the home button and the sleep/wake button until the screen goes blank. Then hold the sleep/wake button until you see the Apple and let the phone boot. If it goes to recovery mode again without the info from your friend it's going to be hard. The last unlockable baseband is on 4.1 so you could make a 4.1 ipsw in pwnage tool and shift or option restore to that ipsw and unlock it. Then you could also use pwnage tool to go to 4.2 keeping the 4.1 baseband and unlock. If hou ask me though a 3G is so much better on the 3.x firmware. So you could also use pwnage tool to put the phone on 3.1.3 and unlock it.
    02-20-2011 01:48 AM
    Pretty sure last unlockable non-ipad BB was in 4.0.2 - 05.13.04.
    02-20-2011 07:16 AM
    Does it have an aluminum back? if not and it's white or black then it's either a 3G or 3Gs. What happens if you reboot the phone? hold the home button and the sleep/wake button until the screen goes blank. Then hold the sleep/wake button until you see the Apple and let the phone boot. If it goes to recovery mode again without the info from your friend it's going to be hard. The last unlockable baseband is on 4.1 so you could make a 4.1 ipsw in pwnage tool and shift or option restore to that ipsw and unlock it. Then you could also use pwnage tool to go to 4.2 keeping the 4.1 baseband and unlock. If hou ask me though a 3G is so much better on the 3.x firmware. So you could also use pwnage tool to put the phone on 3.1.3 and unlock it.
    Is there a pwnage tool for PC? From what I am reading it looks like it is all mac software. Where would I find a old version of 3.x software? It is a white backed phone so I guess it is 3g but from past experience I know that 4.x sucks on those phones.
    02-20-2011 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD