Audio for car-

bula

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I am brand new to the IPhone (Verizon) and to this site, forgive me if this has been addressed- I searched but did not see anything-
I am looking for an adapter to connect my phone to my car audio. I live in a remote area where radio signal is sketchy (and am about to drive cross-country through the Dakotas- same issue). My car stereo does not have an input (but has CD and cassette). I bought the Belkin TuneCast Auto 4 for iPod and iPhone, but it seems it is not compatible with the Verizon version.
If there is nothing that will work like this, are there any suggestions for a portable device with speakers that would be usable in the car?
Thanks!

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Buy one of the many FM transmitters for iPhone 4 and use that to get the audio through your car's speakers. Search Google for "iPhone 4 FM transmitter."

dndrich

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Also, depending on the car, Blitzsafe makes an aftermarket adapter that can be installed. I did it for my Honda Accord.

Here is where you can find the products:

Blitzsafe

Just find your car, and you can see the product. It can be professionally installed, or if you are handy, you can do it. I did it myself for my Honda. It really is not hard at all. Then you have an adaptor that connects to your car stereo, and charges the iPhone too.

Last edited:
Reactions: bula

chenzo

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
You cam also get one of those cassettes that have an aux cable and listen that way, will also eliminate any potential for radio interference

Reactions: bula

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The best thing is it to change your head unit. Get rid of that OEM garbage.

I kinda agree with this, but kinda don't. In my truck I have a aftermarket with the direct iPod hookup, and it works great, but in my car it would look really cheap. I have an Acura tsx, and to put an aftermarket in that, it would look lime junk. So depending on the situation the op may be better off getting one of those cheap tape adapters. That would still look cheap when your using it, but not all the time.

dndrich

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I kinda agree with this, but kinda don't. In my truck I have a aftermarket with the direct iPod hookup, and it works great, but in my car it would look really cheap. I have an Acura tsx, and to put an aftermarket in that, it would look lime junk. So depending on the situation the op may be better off getting one of those cheap tape adapters. That would still look cheap when your using it, but not all the time.

That is where the Blitzsafe adapter is nice. Mounts using the nice factory radio, and does not affect any function of the factory radio. You have to know how to get behind your radio, or have it done by a pro, but once done it is terrific.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox