Sell Your Old iPhone For Cash!

What's my iPhone worth?
  1. sebicatana's Avatar
    OK guys, so I am leaving in a few weeks from Toronto to New York for a whole year for work.
    I am curious if anyone knows how I can use my jail-broken Iphone4 in US on a pay as you go account. What I would like to know (maybe someone is already using it) which carrier gives you more data, for I will be using Skype a lot... The only offer I found was from AT&T, but it only gives you 200MB data.
    Am I better off getting into a month to month contract for a year? If so, which provider should I use and why?
    Thank you for your help! Sebastian
    02-18-2011 09:32 PM
  2. Michele's Avatar
    Don't know of any way to do that....
    02-20-2011 06:41 PM
  3. smalcom's Avatar
    The only authorized GSM carrier for the iPhone in the US is AT&T. Is your phone unlocked? You might try T-Mobile to see if they would accept it on their network. iPhone is not available on a prepay/pay-as-you-go basis.

    AT&T offers 200MB of data for $15/month with each additional 200MB charged at $15. If you exceed the 200MB, you buy another 200MB. They also offer 2GB for $25/month with the same terms. There is no Unlimited data plan available to new users.
    02-20-2011 10:24 PM
  4. alpinestars1z's Avatar
    Plus, if you go with T-Mobile, you'd have to cut the SIM into a microSIM. Furthermore, you would only get EDGE data, which may not be fast enough for Skype.
    02-20-2011 11:21 PM
  5. OKCChuck's Avatar
    I've heard of it happening. I bought a 3GS from a guy on Craigslist who said he was on a prepaid.


    Just realized it was a 3G and it was a few years ago. I went and looked at the prepaid plan.. I don't think you can..
    Last edited by OKCChuck; 02-21-2011 at 12:03 AM.
    02-21-2011 12:00 AM