I keep accidentally deleting emails on my phone. I have 3 accounts an exchange gmail acct. A yahoo acct. A mobile me acct.

I try to find my deleted email in the deleted email and trash folders but can't seem to find them.

Any ideas where they would go ?
    02-18-2011 10:10 AM
    Try opening your mail app, then go to Mailboxes>Accounts>Exchange>All Mail. You might have your gmail set up to archive instead of delete.
    jwhite4304#WP likes this.
    02-18-2011 11:05 AM
    I don't know if you have a Verizon or ATT iPhone but with my Verizon iPhone, you open Mail App>Mailboxes>scroll to Accounts>choose the Email account and you will find the Trash folder..
    02-18-2011 06:03 PM
    I tried this and it was not there, I had to check all 3 accounts since i was not sure which account it came in on.

Its Gone...

3 rd time it happened, some deleted emails go into the trash folder but these did not.

Weird !!
    02-18-2011 08:00 PM
    I'd say figure out what account the email came in on. Don't use the "all inboxes" option until you figure it out. Just open individual email accounts one at a time.
    02-18-2011 09:10 PM
    Try opening your mail app, then go to Mailboxes>Accounts>Exchange>All Mail. You might have your gmail set up to archive instead of delete.
    Great tip as my new iPhone 4 was set up to archive and simple change fixed it all.
    Jimbo
    02-19-2011 08:09 AM
    Great tip as my new iPhone 4 was set up to archive and simple change fixed it all.
    Jimbo
    Where on the iPhone did you find the archive vs delete option?

edit: The "archive" option is only available if gmail is set up as IMAP correct? I don't think that option is available if set up as EXCHANGE
    Last edited by curtisinoc; 02-19-2011 at 09:03 AM.
    02-19-2011 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD