Help with deleted emails

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I keep accidentally deleting emails on my phone. I have 3 accounts an exchange gmail acct. A yahoo acct. A mobile me acct.

I try to find my deleted email in the deleted email and trash folders but can't seem to find them.

Any ideas where they would go ?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Try opening your mail app, then go to Mailboxes>Accounts>Exchange>All Mail. You might have your gmail set up to archive instead of delete.

Reactions: jwhite4304#WP

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if you have a Verizon or ATT iPhone but with my Verizon iPhone, you open Mail App>Mailboxes>scroll to Accounts>choose the Email account and you will find the Trash folder..

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I tried this and it was not there, I had to check all 3 accounts since i was not sure which account it came in on.

Its Gone...

3 rd time it happened, some deleted emails go into the trash folder but these did not.

Weird !!

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I'd say figure out what account the email came in on. Don't use the "all inboxes" option until you figure it out. Just open individual email accounts one at a time.

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Great tip as my new iPhone 4 was set up to archive and simple change fixed it all.
Jimbo

Where on the iPhone did you find the archive vs delete option?

edit: The "archive" option is only available if gmail is set up as IMAP correct? I don't think that option is available if set up as EXCHANGE

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2