Everyone says Blackberry's are for poweruser, but...

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I think otherwise. I have had my iPhone for a week and a half now, and I think I can get a lot more done with my iPhone then I ever did with my Blackberry. I'm begining to think the only people who say that are the ones that are jealous of iPhone, or Blackberry fanboy's. This is the best phone I have ever had. Just wanted to share my thought as it popped into my head.

Reactions: blitzjb

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I agree coming from years on RIM devices. Most bashers have never used an i4, so they really are speaking from emotion and not experience. My i4 is by FAR the best smartphone I've had.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
BB's are good for messanging but media, forget it. And I was a hardcore former BB user that had 8100, 8820, 8310, 9000, 8900, 9700, and dumped the 9800 before my 30 days was up. i4 is my 3rd generation iPhone ive used and I wont give it up

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Another former hardcore BB user here. Those that say stupid things like "iPhones are toys and blackberries are for real work" are just as smart as the comment they made. People that are jealous say things like that while they cry for QNX. Hypocrisy? To them, all the extra features of iOS is unnecessary because their device can't do it. If their device could they would tout how great it is. But with iPhone you can be productive AND have fun.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I owned about all the blackberry's that were on verizon and it was such a pain and hassle getting on the internet with an iphone it is so much faster and easier than with a blackberry I also can get much more done with the iphone

jared

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
BB will always be around because corporations that buy thousands of phones would much rather buy their employees 20 dollar Curves as opposed to 200 dollar iphones or Android phones. The bosses don't really care if the rank and file can surf the web or play games. They just want you to get your emails and respond ASAP. What is funny is that in my experience with the corporate world, the top brass carries iphones or whatever else they want, regardless of what carrier the company uses or what kind of hoops IT has to go through to make it work.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
BB will always be around because corporations that buy thousands of phones would much rather buy their employees 20 dollar Curves as opposed to 200 dollar iphones or Android phones. The bosses don't really care if the rank and file can surf the web or play games. They just want you to get your emails and respond ASAP. What is funny is that in my experience with the corporate world, the top brass carries iphones or whatever else they want, regardless of what carrier the company uses or what kind of hoops IT has to go through to make it work.

Agreed but corporations are also allowing people to buy their own iPhones and use them which saves them from buying iPhones and blackberries. And it's not just about the fun features of the iPhone but you can be just as productive and even more. Which is why companies are using iPads as well. But you're right those some companies will not let go of the blackberry and that's cool because they are a business and don't need to care about how much fun their employees can have with their devices.

ImStrapped

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Yea there is definitely nothing to compare when it comes to BB and Iphone. I agree!
I mean just compare the two! Iphones are so much more responsive, quicker, and smoother than any BB out there.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I was surprised to learn how much faster I type with the iPhone screen that I did with the physical buttons on the 8830 or Tour.

I agree. I type faster on my ViP 4 then on any of my berries. I used my wifes tour the other day, and was shocked how much i hated it since I've owned basically every berry.
8130>8330>HTC Hero>8530>9630>9650>Droid>Droid X>ViP4

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

I've noticed the same thing. It's funny, a few years ago all you saw in a business meeting were 8330's, now you see everything from the 8330 to the iphone 4. And almost everytime I see the iphone it is either a higher up, or an IT guy, never a salesman.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I can take a screenprint, and have it uploaded to this site in roughly a minute. It took me forever to attach a picture to CB on my berry. Just one small example. Now lets just get the notifications up to snuff, and I'll be estatic.

randommom#IM

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I agree with all of you but I am having a hard time adjusting to typing on the touch screen. I also miss being able to search through my inbox by topic or sender/recipient, etc. (let me know if I can do that. & just haven't found out how). I think that's the big stuff I miss. EVERYTHING elis pretty amazing & I get emails on my exchange account faster than my BB which had to be set up as BIS.

artdeco

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I miss the notification light...and that is about it. I thought I would stick to blackberry because of email, until I head about the instant email in exchange accounts. Last month I had my blackberry, there were outages on the west coast (verizon blamed rim, rim blamed verizon, go figure) and my emails were delayed, sometimes for hours on my storm2, but my iPod touch and iPad were just chirping away as the emails were arriving instantly there. That finished it for me...

Reactions: muzikmyke

CPColley

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
i agree with you too. i had the 9530 and the 9550 and love the iphone so much better! I think i get everything I need to do a lot faster plus have all the great apps and media along with amazing stability (which i didnt have on my bb- need for resets everyday)

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Not even coming from a BB, or even a smartphone for that matter, I'm still thrilled to have a phone that just WORKS. It used to be "If I deal with this crapware I could attempt to maybe get a simple web-page to load" or "I'll attempt to check my e-mail, but I can't guarantee anything because most of my e-mails don't get to this phone". Freezes were almost as common as calls and the battery was always getting pulled. Now it's just "I'll surf the web" or "I'll check my e-mail". It is making me rethink my entire view on Apple. I used to just think "Overpriced" and "Cult following", but now I am beginning to understand it. It just works.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2