Verizon MyWi help

DonaldSN

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Just to make it 100 percent sure, if i use mywi, it will only allow other people to use my data and i WILL NOT be charged for 20 dollars additional for tethering right? i want to make sure
also, is it actually UNLIMITED data or i read some places, it is only 5gb of data, much appreciation!!!
Thanks

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Thats correct. You will be broadcasting your 3G service via your iPhone. I wouldn't recommend this for a TON of usage as Verizon will start to cap your speeds if you go overboard but I use this to tether my iPad all day for email attachments, web viewing and to retrieve a file here and there from my business dropbox account and I have never gone over 5GB. I have, however gone past 5GB before without realizing it but no extra charges were added. So, in summery, if you have a JB device and have purchased MyWi from Cydia, then yes you can run it all you want to tether and it will not cost you anything extra. Also, if you are tethering another iDevice I would recommend the "On Demand" feature of MyWi. It makes it a lot easier as you dont have to continually pull your iPhone out of your pocket to tether your iDevice, the iDevice automatically picks up the connection. Good times. Hope this helps.