Hey guys kind of new on here. Got the Viphone about 5 days ago and have been loving it just a couple of questions. How long should the battery last with normal use. Im just wondering because of course i go through the joys of having a new phone and using it constantly. I have apps on it and have jailbroken it.

I was just wondering because i find the need to reduce the screen brightness to help conserve battery. After playing with it i unplug at 8 AM and at about 1 PM (5 hours) i find that im at 50%. I just didnt know if i should have to lower the brightness to help battery or if the 19 hours of phone usage ive read people are getting is on extreme power saving mode lol. I just didnt know i could be doing things completely wrong... thanks in advance..
    02-17-2011 11:47 AM
    ■Hold to kill background apps: Currently in iOS4, if an application supports multitasking, it'll run in the background by defaultkind of a strange choice, considering Apple asks you to confirm push notifications for apps. What this means is that as more apps start supporting background processing, you may end up with a ton of apps running in the background that you don't really need or want running. To remove an application from running in the background, just pull up your quick switch drawer (double-tap the home button), then tap and hold on an app (like you do when you want to delete an app from the home screen until you see a red minus sign (-) on the corner of the app's icon. Tap it to kill the app.
    02-17-2011 11:56 AM
    is there a way to do this automatically? or is there an app that will kill the apps? I've only had my phone for 2 days and the battery dies quick and I'm sure its because the apps are running in the background...
    02-19-2011 11:04 PM
    I have just had my phone for 2 days now and use it quite a bit. I unplugged it at 930 this morning and it died at about 11 o'clock so I got about 13 hours out of the battery and I was Playing with it quite a bit
    02-20-2011 12:01 AM
    I think it just depends on how you use it. Playing games and using 3G deplete the battery way faster then basically only using the internet like I do. My 2 1/2 year old iPhone 3G easily goes 3 days before I need a charge but I keep 3G off at all times unless I need to use it. The iPhone 4 is supposed to have a better battery so it should be able to do the same. I just did a test last week to see how long I could go without charging and I got 5 days 4 hours on standby with 2 hours of usage with that being 1 phone call and the rest internet over wifi.
    02-20-2011 04:25 PM
    there are so many variables regarding how long the iP4 battery should last. typically i can get about a good 16 hours a day with moderate usage. the standby time is way better than my 3G i used to have

i started a thread in the iPhone forum to kind of help myself, and others, gauge where we might need to be. check it out

http://forum.tipb.com/iphone-forum/2...ally-last.html
    02-20-2011 07:09 PM
    is there a way to do this automatically? or is there an app that will kill the apps? I've only had my phone for 2 days and the battery dies quick and I'm sure its because the apps are running in the background...
    Since you're jailbroken, there's a plugin for SBSettings called Remove BG (or remove background?). It'll add a toggle button that you can tap to kill all background apps.

I know people say you shouldn't have to kill the bg apps, that the phone manages it on its own, but on both my iPod touch and iPhone, the battery gets sucked dry in a few hours if I don't close apps periodically.
    02-20-2011 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD