Verizon employees

nitsuj

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Can I ask you a question as a Verizon Wireless Employee? Why does there seem to be so much miscommunication amongst reps when it comes to information? Get one answer from 1 and a completely different answer from another to the same question. The iPhone pre-launch was a perfect example of this :confused:

Because the the sales force is the bottom of the food chain so to speak. I don't mean that in a negative way towards any Verizon employees. What I mean is, the sales force isn't privy to a lot of the information, because Verizon doesn't trust them with any info they don't want leaked. So the poor sales guys are given information at the last minute to prevent it from getting out early. Perfect example, Verizon employees were required to take iPhone training. The training started a few days AFTER I (and many others) had already received our phones in the mail Monday morning. In order to keep everything a big secret, they couldn't train their people until after the item they needed training on was already in customer hands.

Personally, I think Verizon does a decent job, but they could prepare the sales people better.

(I do NOT work for VW. But let's just say I have inside info.)

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I could see Verizon not wanting their employees not wanting to buy up all the iphones, and have the reps using them if the stock is low, or limited, but that isn't the case anywhere around here. I have walked in to a few Verizon stores on different days since launch, and everysingle one had them on hand, and in stock. What I am thinking is they probably set a date before the release thinking they were going to sell out, and are just sticking to it.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it stinks- I have wanted one for years... My thought is they will release it to employees soon. Its ultimately a small price to pay to be able to upgrade so often and the reduced prices on service. Of course in a month from now I still don't have it I may not be so level headed

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
A little off topic but a few day after the iPhone 4 launch on AT&T I went into my local AT&T store to order one for my wife. I commented on how I was surprised that the rep didn't have an iPhone. He replied that he likes Blackberrys more so he going to keep that. A few week later, I went back to the same store to return her iPhone (can't get AT&T reception at her work) and we ended up having the same rep only this time he had an iPhone. Knowing that he wouldn't have remembered our conversation I asked how he liked the iPhone and he couldn't stop raving about it.

I bet that AT&T had a similar policy in place and that is why he didn't have one then and only said what he said so he could justify why he didn't have the phone without looking bad.

nitsuj

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
you are Verizon employees and still can't order?

Minor clarification. The CAN order one. They just can't activate them at their discounted rate. Which is still bogus. I think VW planned on the iPhones being in short order. Had they not opened up the pre-orders, they may have been right.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Apple does not allow discounts on their products employee or not.

Not true... Depending on the item, I can get a 3-8% discount on nearly any Apple device... saved 8% on my MacBook Pro... 6% on my Time Capsule... 8% on my iPod Touch... and I'm not even an employee... but my company DOES have a connection for employee discounts through many companies, including Apple.

Some items don't offer discounts during the initial launch phase (strangely, Apple DID offer a discount on 2 gen AppleTV for a week or so, but last time I bought one, there was no discount)... and currently nothing on the iPhone4... but there's a discount in the 6% range on the iPhone3GS...

mrsFAB

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
All of my friends that work for VZW have AT&T iPhone 4s already or just have regular VZW customer account so they can get the phone of their choice. With the unlimited to ANY mobile in the south for Verizon and nationwide on AT&T, the VZW employee discount is no biggee anymore.:D

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
All of my friends that work for VZW have AT&T iPhone 4s already or just have regular VZW customer account so they can get the phone of their choice. With the unlimited to ANY mobile in the south for Verizon and nationwide on AT&T, the VZW employee discount is no biggee anymore.:D

So basically you are saying they are giving up a 50% off discount on service and the ability to upgrade to a new phone at 2 year pricing every 10 months so they can get an iphone a few weeks earlier then the rest of the employees... ok...

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Apple does not allow discounts on their products employee or not.

As a student I get $50-200 off computers, accessories, and other items. I also can get a free iPod touch if I purchase a new computer in the Summer. I did this two years ago to get my first MacBook pro and will do it again this Summer to get a new MacBook Pro.

PurseCrayons

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I can see VW making employees wait a month or two, but I don't for see them making us wait until the iPhone 5 comes out! For they will want to get rid of the iPhone 4! My wonderful iPhone 4 is sitting in its box, just waiting for the day I can turn it on on my employee line! I totally understand that VW wants the costumers to be ablt to buy it, but I think most people are waiting for the iPhone 5!

I would really just like to play with my phone!!! lol

cellphonejedi

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
We cant have an iPhone on an employee account. Theres nothing stopping you from getting one if you are still on a personal plan. You just cant show it off in-store. We never receive discounts on equipment. Our discount is on the plan only.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Idk why they wont let you buy one its not like there is a super high demand for them they have plenty in stock.

Not everyone. The iPhone is still a high demand product and they just want to make the custmoers who have been waiting for years for the Verizon iPhone to come out to get one in their hands.

as for discounts. I know when I worked for Target we had the 10% employee discount that can be used on apple products we sold in the stores, but we also had a discount though apple. There is a website on Apple.com that we went to to get discounts on apple products, including macs, ipods, ipads (though iPads were added to the EPP discount about three months ago) but the iPhone was not part of that discount program, though accessories were.

anon(4714309)

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
My dad works for verizon and he was ready for an upgrade but was told he couldn't get an iPhone 4 yet because they want to have them for the customers first. Stupid.

wexySlentee

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Prescription Drug Md

Over The Counter Drug Recalls scfcsol com/]generic adipex Obese patients are often prescribed the appetite suppressant known as Adipex scfcsol com/ - buy adipex 37 5

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My dad works for verizon and he was ready for an upgrade but was told he couldn't get an iPhone 4 yet because they want to have them for the customers first. Stupid.

Erm. Think of it this way. Lets say you wanted an iPhone 4, (your dad does not work for verizon, so you and him are just every day customers) but you were told they sold out and later you found out that the employee who greated you when you came in bought the last iPhone they had in stock, the very same one you could have had.

Now is it stupid?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox