Number of Apps

moomps

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi - I am new to the Iphone world and have a question about apps. I came from the android world where the more apps you had on your phone, the crappier it ran. So, I was constantly removing apps so the darn phone would work at all. I read on other forums that you can actually have 9 (or 10) pages of apps, but no one mentions issues with memory and such. Is this not a problem with the IPhone 4 like mine?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Number of apps installed is really not a problem for the iPhone. You just need to make sure you don't run out of space on your phone :)

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
That's correct. I have 134 apps installed right now and the phone runs just like it did when there were 12 (or what ever it comes with stock).

Apps can't run in the background except for a few core APIs (like audio and GPS navigation) so they don't bog the system down. As you open more the OS will automatically kill apps that are suspended (stored in RAM where you last used them) to keep things going smoothly.

iEther21

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
when i had my droid 1, i had like 15-20 apps, after a while it made my phone slow down and the performance was weak so i had to delete almost all my apps except for a few for it to just work properly, and download a task killer...

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Great ios, much better than my BB Storm was!!

I too came from BB Storm and Storm 2 . . . the difference between the Storms and this iPhone4 is like comparing:
  • a 13" Black and White TV with rabbit ears to a 3D LED 52" flat screen
  • Browsing the internet on a 56k dial-up modem to digital fiber optic connection

. . . feel free to add to this list :D

Last edited:

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I too came from BB Storm and Storm 2 . . . the difference between the Storms an this iPhone4 is like comparing:
  • Black and White TV with rabbit ears to a 3D LED 52" flat screen
  • Browsing the internet on a 56k dial-up modem to digital fiber optic connection

. . . feel free to add to this list :D

Model T vs Ferrari F430 Spider...lol

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi - I am new to the Iphone world and have a question about apps. I came from the android world where the more apps you had on your phone, the crappier it ran.
First off, that's an incorrect statement. Merely installing apps on Android doesn't affect performance. Now, running them, on the other hand, does as that uses CPU and RAM.

Last edited:

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
Depends on the app as some are 16 mb and some are over 100 mb. You can load as many as your HD will hold and your phone will run just fine. Like mentioned before iOS will monitor your running apps so RAM is not an issue.

ImStrapped

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Great ios, much better than my BB Storm was!!

LOL I can relate to this haha
My BB storm was not able to have many apps.. I mean it would be so slow.
Plus there isn't too much on the BB app market that is worth downloading other than the obvious (FaceBook, Twitter, etc.)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2