Do you close your apps?

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I know. I just cant stand when people say "you dont need to because apple says so" its like them saying "don't jailbreak" you do it anyway. same thing could be applied here.

Nothing much changes. The app just closes and you will need to reload.

spades1412

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I close all the apps out maybe once a week. I have not really noticed any noticeable slowdown or battery drain with leaving them running.

wcarlson40#IM

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
This reminds me of the task-killer debate on Android. If it makes you feel better to close the apps, then by all means, do so. However, the OS does a good job of managing memory and killing apps as needed.

Yeah, but I love how everyone says you really don't NEED to close any apps at all, EXCEPT if you use a GPS program, or a streaming program, or a music program, etc....

Personally, I actually like to USE my phone and use the programs on it. Hence, the need to close them, and hence the reason the current Apple method sucks...

Reactions: BLiNK

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I started closing my apps once I actually figured it out and noticed a difference in my battery life throughout the day, it was much better. Seems as if there are mixed results, it does seem like the Android task killer debate all over again..

icehead13

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I close them all once or twice a day. Too many apps open can cause the iphone to run a tad bit slower or cause battery to drain just a bit faster
just found this out by calling Apple care. My camera was taking forever to open. Those guys were really nice and helpful. Way better than Spints customer service

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I say, if it makes you happy and you see results, such as a faster response with apps or better battery life, then do it, if not, don't, I don't see a right or wrong answer!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73