Do you close your apps?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I close them all once or twice a day. Too many apps open can cause the iphone to run a tad bit slower or cause battery to drain just a bit faster

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
What about data usage?

If the app is running data like Pandora, then yes. Also, apps can run data if they have a auto refresh like twitter or something. But otherwise, not normally. Closing them is the best safe bet

ImStrapped

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I definitely close most apps when I'm not running them.

You'll get more battery life out of it! I'm sure that your phone would be quicker too.

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
This reminds me of the task-killer debate on Android. If it makes you feel better to close the apps, then by all means, do so. However, the OS does a good job of managing memory and killing apps as needed.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I'm a nzai, and i close my apps after use....

Is there a benefit to this? Battery? data usage? speed?

Every other day or so I go through and close apps that I used that I know I only use once in awhile to free up RAM. If something crazy happens or I feel the system is dragging I go and close them all (sometimes reboot too) to get it back to butter smooth.

G323q569

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I usually close mine right after I am done using whatever App I just had open. I always thought that it helped the battery run more efficiently.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Potentially stupid question from a newb...how do you close the apps? Is that a jailbreak only thing or standard feature.

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
Potentially stupid question from a newb...how do you close the apps? Is that a jailbreak only thing or standard feature.

double tap home button and hold the app icon in the tray there til wiggles and hit red minus sign in corner.

i realize while i dont close my apps ever i usually turn my phone off and on about every 2 days

Reactions: justin_aga