I'm not sure if it is my phone or just a glitch in my phone or if it all phones but the battery life seems absolutely terrible...last night i unplugged my phone from the charger at 430 and by 1030 it was down to 10%...all i did was send some texts, a little web browsing and make one or two phone calls nothing major..is this just my phone?
    02-16-2011 12:47 PM
    It could be. I would restore your phone in iTunes and if that doesnt solve it, I would get a new one. Thats very terrible battery life.
    02-16-2011 12:50 PM
    That is really bad battery life mine is lasting about 2 days with pretty moderate use.
    02-16-2011 12:58 PM
    What apps do you have on? I had this problem and took off all my apps. Battery use was fine, so I slowly put apps back on until I found out which one was the battery hog.
    02-16-2011 01:08 PM
    Any GPS or location based apps running? I know google latitude was running on mine and it was draining the battery fast. But like suggested above, if the problem persists go to Apple if you can. iPhone 4 battery is the best out there on a media rich smartphone.
    02-16-2011 01:27 PM
    Any GPS or location based apps running? I know google latitude was running on mine and it was draining the battery fast. But like suggested above, if the problem persists go to Apple if you can. iPhone 4 battery is the best out there on a media rich smartphone.
    no gps or location based apps are constantly open if i do use them i close them right away, in last nights case did not use any. i was texting a lot but nothing major to cause such battery decrease. i do have a lot of apps but dont use a lot at once..really disappointed coming from blackberry battery life
    02-16-2011 01:39 PM
    no gps or location based apps are constantly open if i do use them i close them right away, in last nights case did not use any. i was texting a lot but nothing major to cause such battery decrease. i do have a lot of apps but dont use a lot at once..really disappointed coming from blackberry battery life
    The i4 has the best battery life of any large screen smartphone out there. Whats happening to you is not normal. Liek I stated before, either give a restore a try or just get it exchanged for a new one
    02-16-2011 01:40 PM
    The i4 has the best battery life of any large screen smartphone out there. Whats happening to you is not normal. Liek I stated before, either give a restore a try or just get it exchanged for a new one
    thanks a lot for your help.. do u think i should head over to apple or verizon?
    02-16-2011 01:45 PM
    thanks a lot for your help.. do u think i should head over to apple or verizon?
    Apple would give you a new one as long as they have them. Just need to make a appt with the genius bar. Im not sure how Vzn deals with this since Im not a customer. Maybe call and see if they can swap it out for a new one in store since your still within your return period
    02-16-2011 01:47 PM
    Because I use Google Latitude a bit, it hogs battery life a bit. But its not as critical as whats going on above!
    02-16-2011 01:51 PM
    This may be a dumb question, but when you unplugged it did you make sure you had a full charge? (i.e. the cord didn't fall out, the phone wasn't seated askew, the dog didn't knock it out of the wall, it wasn't plugged in long enough, etc.)
    02-16-2011 02:10 PM
    it takes a couple if full cycles to get better
    02-16-2011 02:53 PM
    it takes a couple if full cycles to get better
    That's true but no one should be experiencing those type of issues at any time.
    02-16-2011 02:54 PM
    My girlfriends iPhone is having the same problem. We unplugged our phones at the same time and mines at 65% and hers is at 34%. I restored her phone today and if it doesn't get better by tomorrow I'm calling VZW or Apple asap
    02-16-2011 03:38 PM
    Also, check your brightness level. If it's turned up it can drain your battery too.

When you do the restore make sure to set it up as a new phone. If you use the back up the problem could still be there.
    02-16-2011 03:40 PM
    This may be a dumb question, but when you unplugged it did you make sure you had a full charge? (i.e. the cord didn't fall out, the phone wasn't seated askew, the dog didn't knock it out of the wall, it wasn't plugged in long enough, etc.)
    yes was at 100% once i had unplugged it...seems a little better today has been unplugged since 12pm feels like i haven't used the phone that much just sent some texts and the battery is 39%..dont know if it needs more cycles of charging or if i should take it to apple asap
    02-16-2011 07:38 PM
    yes was at 100% once i had unplugged it...seems a little better today has been unplugged since 12pm feels like i haven't used the phone that much just sent some texts and the battery is 39%..dont know if it needs more cycles of charging or if i should take it to apple asap
    since 12pm and down to 39%? Doesnt sound like you are power using it. Id take it to Apple if you have one close. Remember make a appt with the genius bar or they may turn you away
    02-16-2011 07:50 PM
    Interesting. I had a user have this issue today. She called and said her battery gets drained too fast. I am going to visit her and see how buck wild she went on apps to determine which one may be messing it up.
    02-16-2011 07:58 PM
    Wow, that is pretty horrible battery life..
    I remember my Iphone had something similar but it wasn't near as bad.

As Tytanious already said, try seeing which apps are running. Some apps are real battery hogs!
    That's what fixed mine.
    02-16-2011 08:00 PM
    thanks guys for all of your help! i am going to see how it goes the next 2 days and if not i have a genius bar appointment made for saturday..not sure what the regular battery life should be like..with a few hours of moderate use what is the expected percentage?
    02-16-2011 11:09 PM
    Well I disconnected mine at 7am and at 9pm it has 20% remaining, and I am a pretty heavy user, so I would say about 6% per hour.
    02-16-2011 11:12 PM
    Well, to get my phone to 5% last time it took 1 day, 17 hours of standby and about 6 hours of use...
    02-16-2011 11:45 PM
    This maybe an obvious point, but if you leave your screen on, it drains at like 1 percent every 10 min. So if it is set to manual, and you don't click the power button to turn the screen off when not using the phone, then the battery does seem to drain fast. (Took me a few obvious hours of trying to figure that one out.)
    02-17-2011 12:19 AM
    on this note..do you guys think i should wait to jailbreak until i see if the problem has been fixed? or should i go ahead and jailbreak and if the problem persists the restore settings
    02-17-2011 01:06 AM
    My battery was terrible at first too because I was using it like crazy but now I'm not using it much and battery is pretty good.
    02-17-2011 07:31 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD