Battery issue..

janafran

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if it is my phone or just a glitch in my phone or if it all phones but the battery life seems absolutely terrible...last night i unplugged my phone from the charger at 430 and by 1030 it was down to 10%...all i did was send some texts, a little web browsing and make one or two phone calls nothing major..is this just my phone?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
It could be. I would restore your phone in iTunes and if that doesnt solve it, I would get a new one. Thats very terrible battery life.

Tytanious

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
What apps do you have on? I had this problem and took off all my apps. Battery use was fine, so I slowly put apps back on until I found out which one was the battery hog.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Any GPS or location based apps running? I know google latitude was running on mine and it was draining the battery fast. But like suggested above, if the problem persists go to Apple if you can. iPhone 4 battery is the best out there on a media rich smartphone.

janafran

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Any GPS or location based apps running? I know google latitude was running on mine and it was draining the battery fast. But like suggested above, if the problem persists go to Apple if you can. iPhone 4 battery is the best out there on a media rich smartphone.

no gps or location based apps are constantly open if i do use them i close them right away, in last nights case did not use any. i was texting a lot but nothing major to cause such battery decrease. i do have a lot of apps but dont use a lot at once..really disappointed coming from blackberry battery life

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
no gps or location based apps are constantly open if i do use them i close them right away, in last nights case did not use any. i was texting a lot but nothing major to cause such battery decrease. i do have a lot of apps but dont use a lot at once..really disappointed coming from blackberry battery life

The i4 has the best battery life of any large screen smartphone out there. Whats happening to you is not normal. Liek I stated before, either give a restore a try or just get it exchanged for a new one

janafran

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
The i4 has the best battery life of any large screen smartphone out there. Whats happening to you is not normal. Liek I stated before, either give a restore a try or just get it exchanged for a new one

thanks a lot for your help.. do u think i should head over to apple or verizon?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
thanks a lot for your help.. do u think i should head over to apple or verizon?

Apple would give you a new one as long as they have them. Just need to make a appt with the genius bar. Im not sure how Vzn deals with this since Im not a customer. Maybe call and see if they can swap it out for a new one in store since your still within your return period

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
This may be a dumb question, but when you unplugged it did you make sure you had a full charge? (i.e. the cord didn't fall out, the phone wasn't seated askew, the dog didn't knock it out of the wall, it wasn't plugged in long enough, etc.)

cruiz1022

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
My girlfriends iPhone is having the same problem. We unplugged our phones at the same time and mines at 65% and hers is at 34%. I restored her phone today and if it doesn't get better by tomorrow I'm calling VZW or Apple asap

Joe..Cool

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
Also, check your brightness level. If it's turned up it can drain your battery too.

When you do the restore make sure to set it up as a new phone. If you use the back up the problem could still be there.

janafran

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
This may be a dumb question, but when you unplugged it did you make sure you had a full charge? (i.e. the cord didn't fall out, the phone wasn't seated askew, the dog didn't knock it out of the wall, it wasn't plugged in long enough, etc.)

yes was at 100% once i had unplugged it...seems a little better today has been unplugged since 12pm feels like i haven't used the phone that much just sent some texts and the battery is 39%..dont know if it needs more cycles of charging or if i should take it to apple asap

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
yes was at 100% once i had unplugged it...seems a little better today has been unplugged since 12pm feels like i haven't used the phone that much just sent some texts and the battery is 39%..dont know if it needs more cycles of charging or if i should take it to apple asap

since 12pm and down to 39%? Doesnt sound like you are power using it. Id take it to Apple if you have one close. Remember make a appt with the genius bar or they may turn you away

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Interesting. I had a user have this issue today. She called and said her battery gets drained too fast. I am going to visit her and see how buck wild she went on apps to determine which one may be messing it up.

ImStrapped

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that is pretty horrible battery life..
I remember my Iphone had something similar but it wasn't near as bad.

As Tytanious already said, try seeing which apps are running. Some apps are real battery hogs!
That's what fixed mine.

janafran

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
thanks guys for all of your help! i am going to see how it goes the next 2 days and if not i have a genius bar appointment made for saturday..not sure what the regular battery life should be like..with a few hours of moderate use what is the expected percentage?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox