GPS Issues with Verizon iPone?

digorykirk#IM

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to search the forum to see if anyone has experienced any GPS issues with the Verizon iPhone and, as a result, I have two questions. First, I the search results tell me that there are no postings about GPS, though I know that there are postings about GPS, just not about my question. So, is there another way I need to search this.

The main question is whether Verizon has done anything to cripple the GPS on the iPhone. There was a big blow up with Palm Pre users because it appeared that Verizon limited the functionality of the phone's GPS chip if you didn't subscribe to VZ Navigator. I am wondering if folks are using the iPhone GPS with other navigation programs and if it seems to be working OK.

UPDATE: I found what I needed by searching "Navigation." Not sure why "GPS" returns no results.

Last edited:

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You seriously think apple would allow verizon to do anything to their iphone? I mean they wouldnt even let verizon load their bloatware onto the phone so there is no way they would allow verizon to cripple the gps chip.

ARSkemp

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
You seriously think apple would allow verizon to do anything to their iphone? I mean they wouldnt even let verizon load their bloatware onto the phone so there is no way they would allow verizon to cripple the gps chip.

I agree with this. Im sure verizon had to make a lot of compromises this time to get the iPhone on its network.

BTW, my GPS seems to be working fine using a free Mapquest app I have. although I have not specifically checked I am confident its working fine with others as well

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox